• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you think there is a legitimate chance we sign Clowney? Considering his price tag, does it even make sense for us?

I'm not championing for him. I just notice that people are making baseless assumptions and are not looking at the facts. It might not be probable to land him for a reasonable salary but it doesn't seem as far fetched as some are making it.

Posted (edited)

They need to makeup for the loss of Riddick. No two ways about it. If they want a decent pass rusher and run stopper, then they will have to spend some of that cap $$$.

Cheaping out at the edge will not win them games.....but could definitely lose them some. If not Clowney, then someone else who can do the job.

Edited by Jmac
  • Pie 2

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

If we are going to pay Clowney we should have kept Reddick.  I also read that Cleveland is looking to move on from Clowney so they aren't impressed with his latest offer.

That's assuming they are the same salary and overlooking that Reddick was able to go home to play. Contracts have two parties involved.

It's yet to be seen if Clowney would get a contract close to that from anyone.

Edited by Pakmeng

5 hours ago, Julio said:

There are rumors that the Browns offered a two year deal worth $24m. We’d need to match or beat that, which would near Haason Reddick territory at that point.

Why sign good players to fair contracts when you can sign subpar players for even more...its the Panthers way. 

Posted (edited)

Assuming Clowney can produce what he did last season with Cleveland (no reason to think otherwise), I can’t see how a short term deal wouldn’t make sense.

Of course there is definitely an argument that we should just let the young guys get their shot…so either way makes sense IMO

Edited by Shocker