• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Okay you've convinced... CBS sport talking heads are the most moronic.

TheCasillas

Listening to talking heads is the same as supporting them. There are so many better sources on Panther's material. It has gotten so bad and lazy that a guy in his home is more likely to be a reliable source of discussion and insight. Even those that had credibility seem to have taken huge steps in the wrong direction. 

• Pie 1

Talking heads on TV serve no better purpose than fantasy football does. Both have turned fans and the game into nothing but an analytics exercise. 

Ever been at a Panther game and some idiot behind you in his Luke jersey starts cheering for someone on the opposing team while shouting, "I got him on my fantasy team!"

Or some guy scores on a 50+ yard run, but the fan next to you is pointing out what a fine 3-technique the right tackle has...

How many concerts have you attended where the majority of the audience has their fugging phones in front of them watching the band perform on a screen rather than see and experience what's right in front of them?

For me, if the kickoff is 1:07PM, that's when I'll turn the TV on. The game is the game; it's entertainment and the clowns putting it on are making a ton of money trying to entertain you, you may as well enjoy it.

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

Listening to talking heads is the same as supporting them. There are so many better sources on Panther's material. It has gotten so bad and lazy that a guy in his home is more likely to be a reliable source of discussion and insight. Even those that had credibility seem to have taken huge steps in the wrong direction. 

In my opinion, hardcore fans of a team always have more understanding of the dynamics of their team than national talking heads. I'd rather have fans' perspectives any day of the week. Where the talking heads may have it over the fans is specific insider information (but you even have to take that with a grain of salt depending on the source).

Edited by top dawg
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Waldo said:

You'll get better insight into teams through their fans than analysts 9 times out of 10. Only commentators I tune into are the funny ones: Shannon, Skip, Stephen A, etc

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

You'll get better insight into teams through their fans than analysts 9 times out of 10. Only commentators I tune into are the funny ones: Shannon, Skip, Stephen A, etc

I don't even find those guys funny. It's more like Jerry Springer to me. Just loud and sad. But I get it. I'm done with all those bozos. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1