• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers have second most cap space in the NFL

TheBigKat

18 minutes ago, davos said:

It's good particularly for rollover which I have not seen mentioned.  And also the fact that Burns is the only one needing a substantial pay day (The entire 2019 draft was a bust minus Burns ).  Those looking at 2023-24 need to check back to see where 2022 stood at this point in 2021.  

We're easily going to rollover $20 mil+ and restructure a few contracts.  That alone gets us back to the green before any moves, releases, etc.  Cap is very fluid, which is why I've chosen to not really get too opinionated on the space available at a given time.    

If Corral isn't the answer and we can't land a start in next years draft then we have to pay someone to play QB. The top 2023 FA options are..Jimmy G, Baker, Sam and Teddy lol. Followed up by possibly Daniel Jones, Minshew, Case Keenum, Mason Rudolph etc..

• The D 1

2 hours ago, PantherKyle said:

I'm excited for CMC to remind everyone how good he is this year. 

I think everyone knows how good he is. The one thing he's not good at, though, is staying healthy and i think that's what everyone also gets reminded of.

• Pie 2

I still can't believe we made such a move for Watson and now I can't belive we are letting our cap situation be that bad for next year when we have time to rework those deals to eat it all this year and level it out for next year...

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 3

So the cap in 2023 is expected to be between 220 and 225. That is 12 to 17 million over the 2022 cap of 208.  And we can manipulate the cap next year to get where ever we need to be. Sulaiman's job is to fit the players signed by Fitterer to the best contract terms beneficial to the team. He has done that. I guarantee he is already mapping out what he plans to do next year and the year after. I dont worry about the cap and ignore them when they say they can't afford someone when it really means we don't value them enough to pay them what they are worth.

• Beer 1

32 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Made some comments on radio about happy endings not technically being illegal.

Basically, he seems to have switched from "he didn't do it" to "well if he did, was it really that bad?" 😕

Regardless of the facts of the case, what an incredibly stupid thing for a lawyer to say.

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Made some comments on radio about happy endings not technically being illegal.

Basically, he seems to have switched from "he didn't do it" to "well if he did, was it really that bad?" 😕

Rusty is as good as ANY lawyer in states, but those recent comments .......my god i thought rule one - "No talking". I get it reaches a point, a boiling point per say which a statement is a must. Go in with the mindless repeat phases on your machine gun mouth...... and dont make the case for the other side, seen that in the depp case as well... feels like the whole world has lost IQ points over the last 5 years, noah get the boat ready.....