• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carlos Dunlap Visiting Panthers

XClown1986

48 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

It's YGMs responsibility to win reps not be handed them. Its year 3. Sink or swim. So now we have people arguing against depth and competition? We are talking about the Huddle though 

Based on my most likely biased and definitely unscientific opinion, ends take around 3 years to develop (excluding elite guys like Peppers and such).  We will likely find out what we have in YGM this year.  Signing an experienced guy will enhance the competition and likely help YGM grow.  Nothing wrong with an affordable contract. 

Edited by Pejorative Miscreant
  • Pie 3

1 minute ago, Snake said:

If this team wins more than 6 games I will be shocked. When looking over the roster, even with the improvements we have some big holes. 

Not saying I disagree (especially with the win total), but where do you see these big holes outside of QB.  RB looks solid, WR is ok, OL is much improved (plus a solid OL coach), TE could be a weakness but there is young talent there, so outside of QB (the most important I know) our offense is pretty decent from a talent standpoint.  

Defense- the safeties should be better with the addition of Woods (Burris is now depth), CB should be ok with Horn coming in to replace Gilmore, with Jackson and hopefully Henderson develops, LB has had upgrades with Littleton and Wilson (a weakness, but much better than last year) plus Shaq is solid, DE still have Burns with YGM devloping on the other side and Dunlap could provide great depth with Haynes, DY has Brown and Ioan as starters with Nixon and some young guys behind them (this could be a weakness too IMO).

Kicker should be good with Zane and punter was upgraded with Hekker.  

• Pie 3

Hate to do this based off OTAs, but i am. Reports YGM was wearing green/red jerseys, Im off the train. The guy can even get through weak OTAs without some type of setback.  Just like Brown, you show up and waaay out of shape. Super important off-season, if you cannot be ready for OTAs, doubt you will be able to help in this crucial season. Moved on without them. 

Dunlap is pro, great at run defense and always get aroun 10 sacks. Hes been one of gotos for fantasy, always has high tack totals and on no one's radar. 

• Pie 3

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Not saying I disagree (especially with the win total), but where do you see these big holes outside of QB.  RB looks solid, WR is ok, OL is much improved (plus a solid OL coach), TE could be a weakness but there is young talent there, so outside of QB (the most important I know) our offense is pretty decent from a talent standpoint.  

Defense- the safeties should be better with the addition of Woods (Burris is now depth), CB should be ok with Horn coming in to replace Gilmore, with Jackson and hopefully Henderson develops, LB has had upgrades with Littleton and Wilson (a weakness, but much better than last year) plus Shaq is solid, DE still have Burns with YGM devloping on the other side and Dunlap could provide great depth with Haynes, DY has Brown and Ioan as starters with Nixon and some young guys behind them (this could be a weakness too IMO).

Kicker should be good with Zane and punter was upgraded with Hekker.  

I agree, but QB is a BIG HOLE.  They make or break a team.  Sam is the worst performing starting QB in the league.  We're going to be scraping bottom as long as he's our #1.

Edited by poundaway
  • Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Literally what's the point to sign anyone at this point? No one is going to push any kind of needle and we are in the negatives for cap space next year w/o even having a QB. Save the money and try to trade Robby, but Rhule is fighting for his job, so we won't be smart. Let the young guys play. 

Same point it's always been.

Saving Matt Rhule's ass...

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Save the cap. They will likely scoop him and waste more of our future money for no reason. He is beyond done.

Explain to us how he is “beyond done”.  I don’t understand how anyone could look at our depth on the Edge and think that we need no help there.

• Pie 1