• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker may be happening today.

Zod

49 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Yes, per Jeremy Igo apparently Baker Mayfield is currently in Charlotte. Some random people saw him at a very exclusive and therefore expensive Charlotte area restaurant eating a delicious bass. 

I pictured him as more of a salmon guy

• Pie 1

58 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Yes, per Jeremy Igo apparently Baker Mayfield is currently in Charlotte. Some random people saw him at a very exclusive and therefore expensive Charlotte area restaurant eating a delicious bass. 

Applebees on JW Clay BLVD, dude is downing $1 LIT’s!

• Pie 3

4 hours ago, poundaway said:

Cam was MVP who took us to the SB and was the ultimate teammate and competitor.

He took hits like no QB I have ever seen.  WTF man.  Seriously?

Does it make what I said more or less true? He hid his situation from coaches and it cost the team when he went out for the season. MVP 3 years earlier or not, it's still the same thing. 

3 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I know the forum wasn't around in the old days, but I'd imagine it's always been this way. Every QB before Jake would probably have had his haters on here. And since Jake (who had his haters) it's just been a trainwreck on here (even with Cam). It'd be nice to see everyone on board with the QB just once. I guess that takes someone elite though, who wins year after year after year.

Jake had haters here too. Same old huddle.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I know the forum wasn't around in the old days, but I'd imagine it's always been this way. Every QB before Jake would probably have had his haters on here. And since Jake (who had his haters) it's just been a trainwreck on here (even with Cam). It'd be nice to see everyone on board with the QB just once. I guess that takes someone elite though, who wins year after year after year.

After all these years as one of those haters now you're singing kumbaya...

Bruce Lee Smirk GIF

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, grimesgoat said:

Anderson and Darnold for Mayfield and a 2023 4th.

Everyone gets a new start.  We save 2m this year on Anderson and 12m next year (although there will be some dead money involved).

Corral has a chance to learn the ropes and maybe get a few starts at year-end.  Who knows, maybe Mayfield turns into a comp pick for us if he plays well this year.

Cleveland gets a playable QB to back up Brissett/Watson for the same amount of money Baker was going to cost sitting on the bench, while getting rid of a locker room distraction.  They also get Anderson to add to a very thin WR room.  They have 8 picks next year including 2 4ths and 2 5ths, so the draft pick will not hurt (but will be pretty important for us, given we are already down a 3rd).

I'd gladly do this.