• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Terrace Marshall Jr is the standout in this minicamp

Zod

He looked like the only ghost Sam didn't see last year. I hope this is more than the offseason Beast who turns into the GameDay least we have seen in the past. It would be great to see a hell of a lot more then what he showed last year, even if it is just ok.

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, ncfan said:

Let’s wait until deep into camp and preseason

I remember this time several years ago, Devin Funchess was getting TO type comps.

Lol. I gave a Michael Irvin comp for Terrace last year. Well so far Nostradamus I am not. I still have high hopes but I'll leave the prognostication to the professionals like Mel Kiper Jr. (Insert Jimmie Pickles meme)

14 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Robby becoming more expendable 

No, he's not, not when the depth is just Higgins, Zylstra, and Shi Smith who still has pending charges, Robbie isn't expendable until next off-season, we have NO real depth, and TMJ has to do it on Sundays first after he spent some good time in the training room his rookie year.

I dunno why people act like Robbie was not legit coming here after 900 + yards with the Jets, then drop 1K with us with Teddie....he had a bad season, but I mean look at what we had at QB....and the OL didn't help the passing game either, nor the OC. 

3 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Personally I think brady was more the solution than the problem. We lost a lot of games and looked bad but that was probably due to the team assembled. you asking a fry cook to make 5 star meal with ingredients you got from circle K. You Cam Erving tearing it up. The rotating door at guard and center. And no cmc?

Yes blame the offensive coordinator he's not getting it done we want results!!

FTFY.  If you think Brady was more the solution, that suggests he impressed you, so what did you find impressive about him?  We had a huge problem with predictable playcalling and lack of adjustments; not exactly something we can blame Cam Erving for.  I think to simply look at our offensive woes on paper and blame Joe Brady for them would be silly and reductive and unfair to him, but I have yet to see anyone do that.  The criticisms of him are very pointed and nuanced within the confines of his role on the team.

If an offensive coordinator needs a perfectly assembled roster to be successful and doesn't know how to (or won't even attempt to) scheme around his roster limitations, then he's just not very good at his job IMO.  If a defensive coordinator had major holes in his defense but chose to spam Cover 2 like he's playing Madden on Rookie mode, even though his defense continues to get gashed over and over again by an offense who routinely finds soft spots in the zone for easy 12-yard completions, I wouldn't say "well ya know...poor guy just didn't have much to work with 🤷‍♂️".  I'd be thinking "DUDE! Try blitzing!  Try having your DBs play press!  Try to disguise your coverage! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT".  That's what watching a Joe Brady offense felt like.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Lol. I gave a Michael Irvin comp for Terrace last year. Well so far Nostradamus I am not. I still have high hopes but I'll leave the prognostication to the professionals like Mel Kiper Jr. (Insert Jimmie Pickles meme)

MIchael Irvin!!! Wow, you must have really saw something different at LSU than I did. Or was it because of 88? Irvin was a dominate force, the "Playmaker" from day one and this kid didn't flash at all yet. Lol is right. 

9 hours ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Brother, I said he would challenge most of the WR panther records......I still back that up, but not like the strong same feeling days after the draft....

• Beer 1