• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield is a Carolina Panther

uncfan888

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Speaking objectively...

This is a really well administered trade when you look at what we gave up and what we're paying.

I understand this. From a long term perspective though, it wasn't the best move to make. You're going to lack key data to make some really important decisions next offseason.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Double Trouble said:

desperation move. I don't mind the price of a 2024 conditional 5th, but doesn't feel like there's any sort of long term vision. What good does winning 8-9 games this year instead of 5-6 do?

exactly

They are making moves in the short term trying to save their jobs and tepper is letting it go down, fug them all

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

12 minutes ago, Silent Majority said:

Unless Mayfield BALLS OUT, this will set us back at the QB position and muddy yet another draft next season. Foolish seems to be the #newnormal at 1 Panther Place

What would you rather them do?

This guy literally won a playoff game for the Cleveland Browns... The same Cleveland Browns who had like 30 starting QBs in the last 20 years. A million times better than Darnold and for just $5M and a conditional 5th. Phenomenal trade. Now just cut Sam and roll with Baker and Corral. No phony bullshit "competition" with Sam.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

The more I think about it the more I like it.  It’s basically only one year of cap space for a conditional 5th in 2024.  If he plays well, awesome!  If not, bye!  

The thing that’s most exciting is that our offense has been so bland and boring since Cam left.  There’s no energy.  No one gets hype.  Baker has attitude in spades, so seeing that will be a breath of fresh air from the stale BS we’re accustomed to

• Pie 4

11 minutes ago, rayzor said:

so we have one QB that sees ghosts and the other that's afraid to throw the ball to his WRs.

...coached by an OC who didn't like either of them the year they were drafted 😕

"May you live in interesting times" -Chinese saying

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 4