• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield is a Carolina Panther

uncfan888

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

They have all but given up on Sam.  Matt will get more reps as he earns them and now there is no hurry to get him on the field.  They would have rushed him out with Sam out there throwing picks.  

So you're expecting Matt to be the backup? Because the starter the gets the lion's share of reps, the backup gets the rest and the third guy gets basically zero.

• Beer 1

36 minutes ago, fjblair said:

I have seen nothing that makes me think Mayfield is ever going to be anything other than mediocre, but I don't hate this deal and you just never know. Maybe a change of scenery and getting out of Cleveland will be the spark he needs.

Vikings fan here, At least you only have him for a year, We have been running it back with Mr Average

Kirk Cousins for far to long. Mayfield will run and take chances which makes the game exciting. Hope he has a great season for you.

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

They traded for a vet QB who is a proven starter because they know Sam isn't the guy.  Baker will start this season unless Corral can show he is ready.  It's McAdoo's new offense so Darnold has little to no advantage as far as the playbook is concerned.  

Exactly 

as I understand it, he had three OCs in three years.  

He played hurt to try and help his team ..not just the shoulder  

this is his prove it year 

who knows if he is the answer   With this organization, having competent would be a step up  

Just get the ball to the play makers   That’s his job 

I’m all for giving him a chance  anything in god’s name will be better then watching Sam Darnold crying on the side lines  

There is no crying I’m the alpha world if the nfl 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 2

Just now, Jon Snow said:

I hope all of you that are excited about this realize that this ensures Rhule finishes out his contract. He will also extend Baker if they have a winning season.  This is not a 1 year experiment or rental for the team. 

It isn't. We just learned from.our previous mistakes and didn't extend a guy before they took a snap.

32 minutes ago, stbugs said:

There is if you don’t know what you have. 2023 is a much better QB class talent wise and we need our future QB. Can Mayfield bring us a SB win? If not, we need to be maximizing Corral's chances so we know what to do next year. Plus, Mayfield is absolutely better than Darnold and with an improved OL and healthy CMC (no guarantee on either) he’ll have a chance to do OK. Cam wasn’t just OK for us when healthy and that’s why he got us to a SB.

To be honest I highly doubt even prior to this trade that we had a real shot at a top 3 pick, I get your thought process of throwing Corall out there and knowing what you got but let’s be honest do you really think Rhule is throwing out a 3rd round rookie qb to save his job this year? Even before this trade Corall would likely not see the feild barring an injury. This trade upgrades our qb position which end of the day you always should go for.

• Pie 1

I really dont see a negative here.  I dont love Baker but hes fairly young and we are getting him cheap and for a conditional 5th rounder.  If he sucks he is for sure gone after this season and he gave our rookie qb who needs time, the time he needs.  The worst case scenario I guess if you're just looking for one its he plays great and then we have to decide what to do after this season, but if the worst case scenario is we have a 27 year old qb who plays great then I will take that worst case every time.

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

I don't even know why we're talking about corral. Sam will likely be the backup. 

It's like we're forgetting who Matt Rhule is.

Exactly, Corral has to battle PJ for the final spot. 

Good luck on beating one of his pets. 

• Beer 1
  • The D 1