• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's take a step back and look at ourselves in the mirror as a fanbase

47 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

I've never really understood rooting for "your" team to lose, which I see a lot here on the Huddle. If you are a fan, you support the team and root for the team to win. I understand "losing to win", but that's not our job as fans; not our place as fans.

Personally, when I watch a game, I want to watch the team win. Everytime. I've never turned on the TV and watched a Panther's game hoping for a loss. It's just a weird mentality as a fan that I can't comprehend. Who cares who the coach/gm/owner/qb/towel boy is? I'm not a Matt Rhule fan or Cam Newton fan or David Tepper fan. I'm a Panthers fan and I want the Panthers to succeed, everyday. Every time they step on the field. Nobody else matters and nothing else matters but wins.

The fact is, if I root for the team to win or if I root for the team to lose, does not change reality. If the coach sucks, the team will lose, and he will be replaced. I don't need to be a poo fan to make that happen. I'll always support my teams and I always cheer for wins. Everything else will take care of itself.

The Matt Rhule era is as close as I’ve been to rooting for losses. But then I realized Tepper doesn’t seem to give a poo how many games Rhule loses so it’s kinda pointless to care.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, Luciu5 said:

I've never really understood rooting for "your" team to lose, which I see a lot here on the Huddle. If you are a fan, you support the team and root for the team to win. I understand "losing to win", but that's not our job as fans; not our place as fans.

Personally, when I watch a game, I want to watch the team win. Everytime. I've never turned on the TV and watched a Panther's game hoping for a loss. It's just a weird mentality as a fan that I can't comprehend. Who cares who the coach/gm/owner/qb/towel boy is? I'm not a Matt Rhule fan or Cam Newton fan or David Tepper fan. I'm a Panthers fan and I want the Panthers to succeed, everyday. Every time they step on the field. Nobody else matters and nothing else matters but wins.

The fact is, if I root for the team to win or if I root for the team to lose, does not change reality. If the coach sucks, the team will lose, and he will be replaced. I don't need to be a poo fan to make that happen. I'll always support my teams and I always cheer for wins. Everything else will take care of itself.

When you're out of the playoffs, you are pulling for the draft spot. 

Remember in 2019 when we went 5-11 and picked 7th? If we had lost just one more game, we would have been picking in front of the Chargers... We would have Herbert.

Remember in 202 when we went 5-11 and we beat Ron and the WFT towards the end of the season? Had we lost that game we would have picked in front of the Lions. We would have Penei Sewell.

As soon as the season is lost, I root for the tank job because the higher the tank, the better the chances we land a franchise player at a key position like QB or LT.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

Sorry but lol

you can’t see this is the new Browns? This thread is on cue, why not just bump last years

Tep is incompetent and Rhule isn’t doing poo this year.

When Tep hires someone capable to make the right decisions, including not going with retreads which may mean having a bad season, absolutely nothing will change

it really dumbfounds me threads like this are still made after a half decade of purgatory, my lord

• Beer 2
  • Poo 2

Good write up and props to spending the time.  I think the organization has a lot of problems but they have done some things right.  The approach seems to be rudderless at this point but I do think Tepper wants to win and will dedicate resources to that goal even though doesn’t know what it takes to do that yet. 
Rhule looks to be in over his head but maybe he can learn to trade water with the folks he has surrounded himself with. 

Im a fan of the team and just hope for the best.  But then again, I’m an NC State grad so I’ve learned to take mediocrity and disappointment with grace. 

10 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Preach to me at the end of the season.  Then I'll listen. 

That's me. The franchise has used up all of it's "this will be our year" good will until I see them start winning.

Unlike OP, I don't want any specific Panther to fail. Free agents, rookies, bust players, etc. I want them all to succeed and I never root against them. What purpose does that serve? Does right about a bad move win us games? fug no.

Any "I told you so's" are fueled by the frustration that even as a layman I could see how bad of an idea something was, but the paid professionals aren't seeing it. Anyone who gains satisfaction from just being right about that at the expense of our team success.....that's some modern Internet mental illness.

There isn't a Super Bowl of "I told you so." There isn't an "I told you so" MVP.

I'm tired of paper arguments for why we will be good or even just better. I have heard those for four fuging years now. I don't give the flyingest of flying fugs about how much better we look on fuging paper until we start actually winning real fuging NFL games. It's fine to debate and discuss but you will NEVER get me convinced of any improvement with this coaching staff regime until I see it on Sundays that matter.

I will watch because I have invested enough time since the inception of this franchise that I feel somewhat obligated. I will cheer for us and/or jeer at us based on how we perform. Otherwise, I am just waiting until the franchise can show me they are worth a poo. 

Still waiting.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 2

5 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

It has never crossed my mind to wish the team to lose to spite a coach or owner. 

Actively rooting against the team for that purpose I just don't understand. Drinking some "well it's for the best in the long term" copium/hopium I can understand.

Very different, IMO. One is more about coping with a poo situation and trying to keep some future hope at all. One is just turning on your team completely. 

Also, losing to spite an owner isn't going to work. Owners either figure it out or they don't. It doesn't take that many years to determine which type of owner you have.

• Pie 3

9 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Everything, and I mean everything, is cyclical...

...your time will come -- be patient.

(therein lay the problem, these days folks want ALL of it, RIGHT NOW 🤦‍♂️)

We all know something you would take "all of" without hesitation. 

• The D 2

17 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Everything, and I mean everything, is cyclical...

...your time will come -- be patient.

(therein lay the problem, these days folks want ALL of it, RIGHT NOW 🤦‍♂️)

Honestly we would have preferred someone to buy the team and improve the team. That wasn't the plan apparently.

Now we're Jetsville when we used to say around here "at least we're not the Jets".

Now with Appaloser we are the Jets.

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Honestly we would have preferred someone to buy the team and improve the team. That wasn't the plan apparently.

Now we're Jetsville when we used to say around here "at least we're not the Jets".

Now with Appaloser we are the Jets.

This and he doesnt give AF about the fans. As long as his pockets keep getting lined with $ we could win 5 games a season for the next 10 years and he would just hide and not give AF.

There is no reason why we still have Rhule as a coach. If we suck again this year they all need to go, fug this halfway cleaning house like we did with Ron and Marty. We need to fully clean it, completely new staff. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Beer 2

We have a lot of changes to the team from coaching to the addition of many new players.  Lots of things have to come together quickly but outside of losing Reddick I think the team is greatly improved talent wise.  The NFC really isn’t all that daunting right now so we should have a decent shot if we stay healthy 

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2