• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WalterFootball... High on the Panthers for the NFC?

thunderraiden

It wasn't a shining endorsement, but being the 14th best football team in the league would be a huge improvement for us.

We weren't just a QB away, though, and he doesn't touch on the other problems. We did address some of them, particularly committing to our O-line in a big way, but that defense looks spotty in the front 7 something fierce. And if we don't move Jeremy Chinn back to LB, then we're going to get run over again and again.

• Pie 1

I don't get the gloom and doom on here. It's a long season and anything can happen.

We have 9 home games.  All home games are winnable.

We have Giants, Saints, Atl, Sea on the road.  We should compete in all.

We are not the only team that gets injured.  What if Stafford, Burrow, Jackson, or Brady get dinged up and have to miss some time.  Suddenly the Rams, Bengals, Ravens, and Bucs look vulnerable.

5 of our first 7 are home games.  If we are 4-3 or 5-2, maybe guys get confident.  Momentum ensues.  We upset some teams.  Who knows?  We came out of nowhere in 2015.  Maybe it happens again.

We have a competitive team.  We should be able to hang around in most if not all games.  Way too early to throw in the towel.

• Pie 2

26 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

I don't get the gloom and doom on here. It's a long season and anything can happen.

We have 9 home games.  All home games are winnable.

We have Giants, Saints, Atl, Sea on the road.  We should compete in all.

We are not the only team that gets injured.  What if Stafford, Burrow, Jackson, or Brady get dinged up and have to miss some time.  Suddenly the Rams, Bengals, Ravens, and Bucs look vulnerable.

5 of our first 7 are home games.  If we are 4-3 or 5-2, maybe guys get confident.  Momentum ensues.  We upset some teams.  Who knows?  We came out of nowhere in 2015.  Maybe it happens again.

We have a competitive team.  We should be able to hang around in most if not all games.  Way too early to throw in the towel.

We have won 4 home games under Rhule in 2 seasons. We dont have a homefield advantage, our stadium is usually flooded with the other teams fans. 

• Beer 1

On 7/11/2022 at 2:30 PM, Riverboat Ron said:

If we’re healthy we’re a playoff team, if we lose a couple key starters we’re a 5 win team.

About as accurate of a statement you will see on this forum. I think we are pretty strong starter wise at most positions, but we have very little depth outside of CB and maybe QB to survive an injury to a key starter. Let's start sacrificing some live chickens Pedro serrano style that our guys can stay healthy 

Edited by PleaseCutStewart
  • Beer 1

On 7/11/2022 at 1:11 PM, thunderraiden said:

https://walterfootball.com/nflpowerrankings.php

He sounds like a Mayfield fanboi but hell, considering all the other doom and gloom here its worth noting some people are optimistic for us now. (when it was zero before)

I've been following "Walterfootball" for years.

He's bad.

Very bad.

One of the worst (among others).

• Poo 1

On 7/11/2022 at 2:37 PM, Jackie Lee said:

I had no idea Walter football was such a nut job looking at his Twitter replies. I think his site is best left to keeping track of available free agents, everything else has turned kinda childish

They are consistently the best at predicting the draft (had first 10 picks correct in 2022 draft) and for tracking free agents. That's about it.

• Pie 2

On 7/11/2022 at 2:31 PM, top dawg said:

Looking at the schedule, I just can't see it, but I will acknowledge that we probably won't know if we're competitve until late September or early October and won't know if we're legit legit until late November.

Baker's going to make that big of a difference, huh? I'll believe it when I see it.

Well considering we've seemed to be very good/competitive for like the last 4 years in September/early October I'd say we need more time than that to determine anything. I'm still pretty shook by how absurdly bad we've been in the 2nd half of seasons the last 4 years. Just embarrassing season collapses after getting our hopes up.