• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Leading the League...

chknwing

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

But it will be different here because ....

Because it's an even year. 😎

• 2018: 27 TDs, 14 INTs
  • 2019: 22 TDs, 21 INTs
  • 2020: 26 TDs, 8 INTs
  • 2021: 17 TDs, 13 INTs

By this trend, 2022 should statistically be his best year yet in terms of TD-INT ratio. I'll drink the kool-aid.

• Pie 3

32 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Yea...except for that part that he has thrown 73 TDs to 25 ints over the past 2 seasons....

thats kind of the point, it ignores the positive production where someone like Mayfield also has 43 TDs to 21 INT's over the past 2 seasons, and one of which was mired by injury.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

But it will be different here because ....

Because we aren't Cleveland and didn't go 0-16 last year like they did coming into his rookie year. And Baker now has 4 years of starting experience and has playoff win experience instead of just coming out of college totally green. And even then Cleveland improved by 7 games in a tough division.  So how will what he did there be related to now given the schemes and teams are totally different? I dont think it will if we do use a West Coast offense and let the players excel after the catch. Anyone who knows football will see the disingenuousness of connecting the two. But I want to see the stats for wins and losses at the end of the year which are the only stats that matter. I think 7-9 are reasonable if CMC doesnt miss a lot of time.

Edited by panthers55
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Carolina Cajun said:

thats kind of the point, it ignores the positive production where someone like Mayfield also has 43 TDs to 21 INT's over the past 2 seasons, and one of which was mired by injury.

And, as somebody asked before about Winston, didn't he miss a lot of games?  The answer, yes.  The raw number ignores that.

Since 2018:

• Winston, played 38 games, started 32, 1,176 attempts, 4% int rate, 66 TDs (5.6% rate)
  • Darnold, played 50 games, started 49, 1625 attempts, 3.2% int rate, 54 TDs (3.3%)
  • Mayfield, played 60 games, started 59, 1924 attempts, 2.9% int, 92 TDs (4.8%)
  • Allen, played 61 games, started 60, 1999 attempts, 2.3% int rate, 103 TDs (5.2%)
  • Goff, played 61 games, started 61, 2233 attempts, 2.2% int rate, 93 TDs (4.2%)

The problem with numbers is people can hurt themselves with them.

Heck, PJ Walker has only thrown 8 picks in his 2 years, which is 1 less than Rodgers over that same period.  That is some pretty rare air........sorta.......if you turn your head 30-degrees when you look at their stats.

Mayfield was not on my choice, but I've come to terms with it.  We didn't break the bank or give away the farm with him, and for now it is a one-year commitment.  That said, let's not BS how good or bad he is.

• Beer 2

5 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Baker is going to throw 25+ TDs, but he will also throw between 13-15 ints 

yep, right on. to compete with that, Panthers will need a top defense on the field. Just like players in the past with similar stats/traits… a la Tannenhill, Favre to a greater extent etc.

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Baker is going to throw 25+ TDs, but he will also throw between 13-15 ints 

The only stat that will count is wins.  Who cares if he has 15 ints and we win? The top 10 highest thrown interceptions list is littered with hall of famers. 

darnold threw ints but also never threw us back into a game. He was fine with a lead and protection.