• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Key to the offence: Brady Christensen

CanadianCat

On 7/21/2022 at 10:21 AM, Mr. Scot said:

Some years back, I had to work July 4th. One of my colleagues who was also there took a call from a British guy.

After the guy hung up, my coworker complained.

"Man, why is this British guy calling in today? Doesn't he know it's July 4th?"

I gently said, "They don't really celebrate that in England. It's... actually kind of a sore spot." 😕

Cracking Up Lol GIF by MOODMAN

On 7/21/2022 at 1:21 PM, Mr. Scot said:

Some years back, I had to work July 4th. One of my colleagues who was also there took a call from a British guy.

After the guy hung up, my coworker complained.

"Man, why is this British guy calling in today? Doesn't he know it's July 4th?"

I gently said, "They don't really celebrate that in England. It's... actually kind of a sore spot." 😕

1776.jpg

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

This isn't what people want to hear, but BC at LT and Ickey at LG might be the strongest lineup for 2022.  BC is athletic but not a bulldozer; Ickey might be a better G than T because he can move a Dt and get to the next level effectively. 

• Pie 5

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

This isn't what people want to hear, but BC at LT and Ickey at LG might be the strongest lineup for 2022.  BC is athletic but not a bulldozer; Ickey might be a better G than T because he can move a Dt and get to the next level effectively. 

This is the way.

• Pie 1

On 7/21/2022 at 1:55 PM, Bostonheelfish said:

If Brady can actually hold down the LT spot allowing Icky to smash at LG, then that would be awesome.

I Brady is playing it will be LG and if Icky gets hurt sliding to tackle to take his pace. Brady is the LG of the future.

I actually think BC is a straight up tackle. A swing tackle who I believe can grow into an above average player. I wouldn't want to see him at Guard "unless" he is able to show a lot more in the strength department. 

That said, I still think he'd be an upgrade from Jordan and Elfien. 

Again I'm just excited we were able to grab up Campen. Honestly thinking even if we had to work with the same Oline from last year we'd look much improved under his guidance. 

A guy that people are down on but I think Campen will do wonders for is Daley. He'll also up the technique and overall skill level of guys like Cade and Deonte. 

I'm not too worried about the other starting four tbh: Moton, Ikem, Bozeman, Corbett. 

Just curious as to who gets tha other starting G spot. 

• Pie 2

What ever happens, we have good options and great back up options. If Brady plays LG and is the back up LT, that's great news. If Brady wins the LT spot and Icky is the LG, he's the back up LT. Then Brown or Cade come in at G. We're in a real good spot how ever it plays out. Erving is the 4th LT. For a 2nd back up, that's really good. Usually it's a rookie or someone with no experience. 

Edited by musicman

On 7/22/2022 at 6:34 AM, kungfoodude said:

He doesn't generate a lot of push because although he is a great athlete he is not very strong and his technique is still lacking.

He is definitely a project player.

I would consider Brady a rotational/back up LT. Possibly RT. Him and Icky are prototypical tackles not guards imo. I know everyone want Brady to be the savior but he’s depth. But average depth is still good for an olineman and still hard to find so I’d still be happy.

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I would consider Brady a rotational/back up LT. Possibly RT. Him and Icky are prototypical tackles not guards imo. I know everyone want Brady to be the savior but he’s depth. But average depth is still good for an olineman and still hard to find so I’d still be happy.

Outside of having a good starting qb, depth on the oline is imperative for a playoff team

• Beer 1

On 7/21/2022 at 1:55 PM, Bostonheelfish said:

If Brady can actually hold down the LT spot allowing Icky to smash at LG, then that would be awesome.

Let's take Brady and work him at LG. Let Icky learn the pro job at the position he was picked for. Apparently, Brady was picked for guard as much as anything.

If those two can solidify that left side and be competitive there, then we've got our line set for the coming years. 

And more than anything, I hope we've found out center finally and that he earns a good four to five year contract with us that we'll all be happy about.

If you have a line good enough to give one of our QBs some room to work and some muscle for CMC and Chuba to run behind, then we're ready to roll. All our defense needs to do at that point is slow down the opponents. It worked for the Colts throughout Peyton Manning's time there, same for most of the Patriots teams. 

If we have to win our games 41-38 week after week, it sure would be a lot of fun.

• Pie 1