• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Friday Camp Updates 7/29

Ricky Spanish

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's assuming everyone is buying the idea of a legit competition. I honestly doubt that's the case. Everyone on the staff and on the roster probably knows it's Baker's job to lose, so why bother with the theatrics. The factors you're talking about rely on there being a real competition. Everyone knows Sam sucks and Corral likely isn't ready to play early on as a rookie.

I agree with everything you said however, what's wrong with asking Baker to earn it?

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

I tore my labrum and had to have the same surgery Baker had and it is INCREDIBLY painful. I've had 3 back surgeries, and the shoulder surgery recovery was by far more painful. 

Just now, exactlyzack said:

I also had surgery on my right labrum and  pretty sure I’ve retorn it. Some of the worst pain I’ve ever had. I’ve also had a surgery on my ac joint in the same shoulder and my right elbow and compared to this they were nothing. Torn labrums are no joke, pro athlete or not

I love when normal people can give insight on injuries that these superhuman athletes have gotten just so we can put the severity in perspective. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1

About starting the people now that you probably will not start later:

you want competition.  If you give a spot to a person who has not yet earned it (or taken it), it creates a sense of entitlement and it demoralizes the former starting player that will become depth.

If everyone feels the atmosphere is competitive and that all are preparing for a starting role (injuries), I would assume it is a better approach.

14 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

I agree with everything you said however, what's wrong with asking Baker to earn it?

It's just that everyone already knows the score. Sam is terrible. Corral is a mid-round rookie coming out of a college offense that doesn't yield itself to an immediate transition to the NFL.

Baker is likely going to have to flop hard not to be the opening day starter.

13 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I love when normal people can give insight on injuries that these superhuman athletes have gotten just so we can put the severity in perspective. 

Yeah, I was actually a baseball pitcher all the way thru college.  That was not the cause of my actue injury, I dislocated my shoulder snowboarding, however the doctor said my labrum was torn almost 360 degrees and he saw a lot of old scar tissue, indicating I had already messed it up in the past.  Which makes sense, because I had a lot of shoulder issues while playing baseball. Its a bitch man, and it takes forever to heal up, because apparently that area gets very poor blood supply. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Ghostface Chilla said:

That camera man earned his keep on the PGA circuit, hence the angles. 

I'm not knocking the execution, but golf and football are two totally separate things. From a football perspective this clip, though shot well, is limited and missing context valuable to football fans. If that's what the team/league thinks people want and/or wants to put out, then that's disappointing.

37 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

i had torn labrum surgery last year and i'm still not near 100%, but then i'm in my 50s and out of shape and i don't have a group of NFL trainers working with me. i'm not sold on baker, but his shoulder isn't among the issues i have.

38 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Yeah I wish I could say mine was caused by a sport, but in reality all my issues stem from a fall in a freaking shower. It was so awkward how I fell that it tore up my ac joint in my shoulder, tore my labrum, and yanked my ulnar nerve out of its slot. At this point just give me a vibranium arm and be done with it. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, GOAT said:

can somebody confirm what are starting receivers look like?

sounds like:

WR1 - Moore

WR2 - Anderson

WR3 - Saunders

I can't understand why for the life of me.

Plug Terrace in as #3.  It's not like he's going to lose you games in that role, and he has tremendous upside.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, falconlynx said:

Yeah, would have been that for me he had given up and sucked the rest of the way. 

Instead, led us on a strong comeback attempt with one of the best throws I’ve ever seen deep in our own territory. Should have won that game had the defense not blown it in OT and memories would be a a lot different. 

Oh bullocks. The Cowboys game and from then it was obvious the coaching staff was deliberately trying to keep the ball out of Sam's hands because they were petrified of him throwing interceptions.

1 hour ago, joemac said:

I tore my labrum and had to have the same surgery Baker had and it is INCREDIBLY painful. I've had 3 back surgeries, and the shoulder surgery recovery was by far more painful. 

you didnt take an nfl team to the playoffs with your injury? What a loser.

• Pie 2