• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Expected to Start Tonight

Proudiddy

2 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

Its because they need to evaluate the entire offense,  not just the qb.  The offense as a whole runs much smoother with PJ back there.  As we've seen.  I understand that Corral is #4 on the depth chart but #1 in our hearts,  but still.   This isnt just about Corral right now.  

Some can’t understand this.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

True, he got cut but then made PS and eventually the actual roster that season. 

LOL I cheated and just looked if they were on the roster that year.  Guess that's why I missed that one.   He showed up on the roster and I missed him. 

So that is 2 3rd rounders that got cut. 

He must of looked really bad.  He made it through waivers.  Cardinals picked up the guy in 1996.

Price was the one whose draft profile said "looks like the Pillsbury Dough Boy, plays like an All American".

We got the first half of that sentence but not the second 😕

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Price was the one whose draft profile said "looks like the Pillsbury Dough Boy, plays like an All American".

We got the first half of that sentence but not the second 😕

but looking at that was depressing, our 3rd round picks post Trai Truner in 2014.  Maybe Tremble can break that streak.  It's been pretty much 1 or 2 seasons and disappear. 

15 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

I don't think I'd say PJ is better than Sam, personally, but I don't think there is that much of a difference. The second half of your statement is my thought process as well. Get Sam off the team, Baker is the clear #1 with nobody looking over his shoulder. I don't want a 2 QB thing going on like with Cam and Sam because they couldn't decide who would stink it up less.

My understanding is Rhule was notorious for doing that in college.  Last thing we need is changing QBs every other week.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

As I've stated repeatedly, I think PJ is actually the second best QB on this roster currently.  I like PJ.  But I just don't understand the logic behind this. Whether you are like me and think we should cut Darnold and PJ should be the backup, or if you think PJ is the odd man out at the final cuts, it doesn't make sense in either scenario.  

Don't get me wrong, Matt looked like a deer in headlights in game one, and a really scared one at that.  He looked overwhelmed.  But, I've made it a point to emphasize, that's partly a product of not getting reps in practice/preseason games, and being surrounded by mostly roster filler in the 4th quarter of a preseason game.  So, despite how bad he looked, I would like to see him with some NFL level talent around him for an extended amount of time.  Even if he gets the 2nd half tonight, it's still gonna be with mostly roster fodder and future cuts.  And this brings us back to why the reps they're wasting on Darnold are so important.

Preach 

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

So maybe McAdoo was needing to get one final look at Darnold to confirm he is what we all know.  I could see him getting cut and PJ being the backup until Corral is ready.  Not saying I agree with it, but I am trying to follow the logic...

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So maybe McAdoo was needing to get one final look at Darnold to confirm he is what we all know.  I could see him getting cut and PJ being the backup until Corral is ready.  Not saying I agree with it, but I am trying to follow the logic...

I think it's more to get a look at PJ. Darnold has had enough time against the Patriots 1's and 2's at joint practices this week.  PJ has not.

• Pie 1