• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why was Josh Norman a one hit wonder?

I wouldn’t say he was a system CB but leaving us definitely hurt his career. He fit so well in McD and Rivera’s defense, was still solid in Washington just not quite as good. Also he was elite in his playing time in 2014 so more of a 2 season wonder. Still one of my favorite all time Panthers despite the shorter tenure, loved watching that guy play.

• Pie 6

I think part of it was honestly Ron being Ron and keeping Norman in the dog house when he very well could have started 2 years earlier and been a big contributor.  By the time he broke out and signed his big contract in Washington he was at the eclipse of his prime and he wasn't exactly a man cover corner to begin with.

Edited by OneBadCat
  • Pie 7
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, Racist Cat Lady said:

Product of a good d line and scheme.  Went to another team that didn’t have said line and scheme.

This happens to many vets that move on.  They believe that their success is based on their personal performance and not the team.  Many players are a product of the scheme.   Josh was really good in McDermott's defense but was mediocre in Washington's D.

We have Wilks back so if he was available I would like to see him here again. 

• Pie 1