• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Am I crazy or has Lovett out played Chuba?

Zod

3 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

And it feels like we are always taking these guys (chuba, long snapper, TMJ) instead of addressing our needs on the line. Starting center,  All-pro guard or a skill guy that we might cut in two years, hmmm?

Oh you are preaching to the choir on the lack of OL(and really DL) investment. It's mind-numbing.

2 minutes ago, DMathematics said:

His tittle is GM if he's not being offered GM duties than he should've never taken the job he's tied to this roster construction as much as Matt as far as I'm concerned. My issue is he can't even get the basic GM'in down what's our direction? Does he understand comp picks? We sure talk about them a lot but have never gotten any under the Rhule tender What about the crazy trades? This guy just throws away picks "In on every deal" but no deal has payed of for us yet.. 

This isn't the only situation in the NFL where the GM is subordinate to the head coach in personnel issues. It's hard to justify turning down a very clear career path upgrade like we offered him. So, I definitely don't agree that he should have held out for some other GM job.

I am a little concerned about his wild trading too but not all of it may land in his plate. I am not trying to mount some defense for him, I just don't think we are seeing him in a traditional GM role so it's pretty hard to assess how good he is without having an insane level of access that we don't have.

Assuming he gets traditional duties in 2023 after Rhule is gone, I think we can judge him a lot more accurately. 

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

And it feels like we are always taking these guys (chuba, long snapper, TMJ) instead of addressing our needs on the line. Starting center,  All-pro guard or a skill guy that we might cut in two years, hmmm?

And I didn't like ANY of those picks.  TMJ was a cock-block pick to keep the Saints from drafting him (leaked out they were taking him a few pick later).  That's a cute move in like the 6th or 7th round like when the Saints took a day 3 QB we were looking at a couple of drafts ago, but not in the freaking second round!  I don't like RBs out of the Big XII, generally speaking, and I think everyone agrees taking a LS in the sixth round when he would have been there as a UDFA was mind-numbingly stupid.

Chubba is one dimensional.  Run straight ahead between the tackles RBs

IMO, he is a dime a dozen RB in the NFl  nothing special about  him at the Nfl level and that makes him very replaceable 

but, he is, as we all know, another one of Rhule’s favorites and draft picks.  

He isn’t going anywhere …even if he should 

• Beer 1

19 hours ago, Zod said:

According to my old tired eyes, Lovett is the better RB prospect.

Thoughts?

Undoubtedly. Chuba drops passes in a passing league, has awful vision, and has some downright oogly routes when coming out of the backfield.

Lovett even looked faster, and Chuba is supposed to be a track guy! 😧

The biggest problem is Chubba doesnt fit what we need now as a 3rd rb.  Foreman is our power back.  3rd rb would mostly be needed if CMC went down and you cant have a 3rd rb with stone hands.  You almost have to totally change the offense when hes in there.

1 hour ago, Tr3ach said:

The biggest problem is Chubba doesnt fit what we need now as a 3rd rb.  Foreman is our power back.  3rd rb would mostly be needed if CMC went down and you cant have a 3rd rb with stone hands.  You almost have to totally change the offense when hes in there.

This is probably the best argument for letting Hubbard go.  If you can't be a good checkdown for a QB your time in the NFL will be limited.

He's not a bad running but those stone hands will be his demise. 

• Pie 1

For an RB3, you’d like to have someone that you can plug in there that can 1) block and 2) catch… Chuba can do neither… even thrusted into an RB1 role last year, he was below average.

His 3.4 true yards per carry ranked 70th at the position and his 2.11 yards created per touch were 41st.

Think RB needs to be addressed in the draft next year and having watched Sean Tucker from Syracuse a few times, I wouldn’t mind adding him.

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

but, he is, as we all know, another one of Rhule’s favorites and draft picks

He isn’t one of rhules favorite. Chuba lost touches down the stretch. Rhule ripped into Chuba’s stone hands and fumbling in a post game as well. 

if I had to guess… Rhule’s favorite RB is Spencer brown

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, pantherj said:

As I told one Huddler who tried to argue with me last season, Chubba is a north and south between the tackles runner who takes time to build up speed. You either like that style or you don't, but that's what he has to offer. That and brick hands.

He also has trouble keeping his balance. Touched and down he goes. Which is very, very bad for a RB.