• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final predictions for the season?

hepcat

Being weak against the run is exacerbated by having a bad offense. If the opposing team gets a lead, it allows them to focus on running out the clock. Our secondary should be opportunistic this year and we should be able to stop teams from playing catch-up. Season will come down to our ability to score and score quickly. The coaching staff wanting to focus on being a run first team is going to be detrimental to our success. In a ground and pound competition we will lose.  6-11. 

Not a popular opinion I know, but I think the players are responding to Rhule. They genuinely seem to like playing together and I don't really think there are any bad actors in the locker room.

The Offensive line is definitely improved and there's a new OC and a new QB.

The defense is a year older and there seems to be more depth on the Defensive line. Luvu, Wilson, and Littleton are solid, and then there's Shaq.

The secondary is a strength.

The Special teams have a new coordinator and they did a good job in coverage during the preseason. Robert's is a professional return man. Hekker is an all pro.

There are a lot of young guys that will need to develop quickly to make up for lack of depth, and there will be a learning curve as everyone on offense gets used to each other and McAdoo's system, so a slow start is likely but the early games on the schedule will be easier.

TB has Oline trouble, NO a new coach, and Atlanta is, well you know.

I think 9+ wins is a real possibility. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

The big caveat that follows 32 teams is Barring Injuries, I have us somewhere between 6 and 10 wins.  So split the difference and call it 8-9.

If Brady starts playing like he is 45 or is a victim of the above caveat, that actually could be good enough to win the division.

Edited by Sgt Schultz
  • Flames 1

7 Winnable Games: Browns (wo Watson),2x Atlanta, Seattle, Giants, Steelers, Lions

Potential Upsets: 2xSaints, Cards, Broncos, Ravens, 9ers (which QB?)

Major Upsets: 2xBucs, Rams, Bengals (superbowl hangover?)

An INJURED Baker had 8 more touchdowns than Sam, we lost 6 games alone by less than a score.

I'm putting the Homer goggles on.

This is a 10 win team, and if things click 12 wins.

Key pieces (Baker, Horn, Shaq) go down for significan time, all bets are off. 

• Flames 1