• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign dl Henry anderson

w280sax

I'm a little surprised Nixon was the odd man out but the bottom line is we signed a player at a position lacking depth to play a role that needs shoring up (run defense), while cutting a player at a position where there was already something of a logjam. Maybe it's a little early to give up on a draft pick but at the same time, if you're getting outplayed by players drafted later than you, I don't think you're entitled to a roster spot. Practice squad makes sense, where they can still see if his career can be salvaged without wasting a premier spot on the 53. You'd like to hit on your 5th rounders but the truth of the matter is they rarely get 2nd contracts. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

32 minutes ago, 07579394 said:

Sounds like Henry anderson is a Morgan Fox type player,but elder.🤔

Im surprised Nixon got cut,but in these preseason games,Hoskins was playing better,so that's fine.

Roy and McCall are 1 tech DT,not the same.

Henry Anderson has 3" and 40 pounds on Morgan Fox, seems like he favors interior moves so I could see some 3-4/3-3-5 stuff with him and YGM/Ioanidis as the DE's, Burns/Luvu/Brandon Smith/Barno/Haynes as OLB rushers

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, top dawg said:

Two starters in a draft is a good draft. If TMJ or Shi comes through, it will be a damned good one.

2 starters is fine out of all those picks? Thats a good draft Thats funny...a huge knock on hurney was that he couldnt hit in the later rounds so therefore i automatically expected more from fitt. If you already CUTTING players a year later instead of jist being buried on deoth chart its never a good sign. 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Shi might be the saving grace.  I would agree with you in a standard 7 pick draft or fewer.  We had 11 picks in that draft.  Horn and Chirstensen are looking like the starters.  Tremble remains to be seen.  Taylor is about is get squeezed out of a deep CB room at the end of the depth chart.

The wildcard really is Shi Smith who may be the starting slot WR.

Only 5 of the 11 picks came in the first four rounds. Just because we had 6 picks in the last three rounds doesn’t mean we should expect more than a typical late round value. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Unimpressed.  I'm aware of Anderson and who he is, but I just don't like cutting Nixon.  If he is fully recovered from his injury, I wxpect him to get quickly signed by another team and eventually become a really solid contributor.  In his limited action last season in real games, he was very impressive.  I definitely thought he was better than Hoskins...  but, I don't think we really have heard much from Nixon since coming back, so I guess it's possible he isn't the same after his injury?

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Shi might be the saving grace.  I would agree with you in a standard 7 pick draft or fewer.  We had 11 picks in that draft.  Horn and Chirstensen are looking like the starters.  Tremble remains to be seen.  Taylor is about is get squeezed out of a deep CB room at the end of the depth chart.

The wildcard really is Shi Smith who may be the starting slot WR.

Overall, it was a great draft.  Shi has proven he is a starter, and honestly, out if potential, Tremble should be as well.  And I still am really high in Taylor.  I think he is an NFL starter, and a really good one.  But, he's behind two Top 10 picks, a d a guy the staff loves and views as a leader in DJax.  Taylor would be starting if not for that...  I dont think he gets squeezed out.  I think he continues to develop, and by the time Henderson comes up for a new contract, we'll know whether he's the better option or not.  What Fitt has done at CB really reminds me of the Hawks glory days...  they did the same thing.  Drafted and signed so many guys with very similar specific traits, coached them up, developed them, and it was like an embarrassment of riches during the LOB days.

15 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Morgan wasn't as strong against the rush as he was expected to be.

This.

Fox played almost 200 snaps more than YGM but only had 1 FF, 1.5 sack, 34 combined tackled, 2 TFL, and 2 QB Hits.

Yetur, on the other hand, had 1 PD, 1 FF, 3.5 sacks, 28 combined tackles, 5 TFL, and 4 QB Hits.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2