• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule on Why CMC lack of rushes

ncfan

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Matt Rhule is a used car salesman.  He says whatever he has to in the moment.   

Ben McAdoo has always thrown at a higher clip than Joe Brady did.  

Yep

he was so relaxed in his press conference…almost makes one think he has another job already 

if I was a HC that made the freaking Browns look like rock stars, I can assure I would not have had that demeanor 

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Did he already forget we just got beat by a team that ran for 217 yards and only threw 138 yards at 4 yards per catch?

You can't make this crap up. It's beyond idiotic for him to step up to a microphone and open his mouth.  He should just stick to yes and no answers. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

You know the Browns coaching staff was laughing like crazy throughout the game. We didn’t utilize CMC who is the best (some would say only) star on the team, and we suck ass at defending the only threat that the team has (running the football). They dared us to throw the football all game, and we should have done the same. Coaching makes a difference. 

1 hour ago, Sgt Schultz said:

So let me understand this.  We are preparing (or not) for a game against the Cleveland Browns.  We have a brand new rookie LT and a QB who is starting his first game for us.  Our rookie LT is more proficient at run blocking than pass blocking right now, which makes sense because it allows him to attack.  He is playing opposite a DE who is perhaps the best pass rushing DE in the game, and if not the best, on the short list.

Yet we decide to minimize the run because, over the course of the season, teams that win throw the football.

Uh, Matt.  Newsflash.  Teams that win in the NFL generally do so by creating game plans to play to their own strengths, protect their weaknesses, and attack opponents weaknesses.  Creating a game plan against a specific opponent based on an observation of all teams over the course of a season is, well, curious.

HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM Poster | FF | Keep Calm-o-Matic

You're not the only one asking...

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

What's hilarious about that quote is that he's exactly right and it's something I wish I heard him say early on in his process here. The best teams in the NFL do throw the ball and they do it well. When I heard him go on that stupid running the ball rant last year I rolled my eyes at it and just knew he's another dinosaur in this league.

So this is weirdly encouraging, too bad I've already seen enough of this guy to know he's a bit over his head in this league and we're all just waiting this one out more than likely. 

• Beer 1