• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anybody Else Just Not Care Anymore?

Castavar

3 hours ago, Castavar said:

I used to get so mad after losses, but lately (starting last year), I just genuinely don't give a F anymore. This team has no players I like sans CMC. The last little bit of character and culture we had left with Cam. Tepper has come in and destroyed any ounce of culture and history we had. Starting to look like one of the worst owners in the league. Can proudly say I have not spent a dime on merch or tickets for the last 2 years. Welp, nothing else to do now but to start researching our next HC (even though we are a year late because of dumbass Tepper).

I am there 

I’m sad to say it 

the worst enemy of a pro sports team is apathy 

I put up with Siefert and the end of Fox because I knew the owner would change it 

Tepper, what did he call disgruntled panthers fans who want Rhule gone ‘basement dwellers’.   He will never admit a mistake with Rhule 

I hope he enjoys the Bank being full of opposing teams fans as he has drained the blood out of the most loyal fans 

If he wants to move the team, move it

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Castavar said:

I used to get so mad after losses, but lately (starting last year), I just genuinely don't give a F anymore. This team has no players I like sans CMC. The last little bit of character and culture we had left with Cam. Tepper has come in and destroyed any ounce of culture and history we had. Starting to look like one of the worst owners in the league. Can proudly say I have not spent a dime on merch or tickets for the last 2 years. Welp, nothing else to do now but to start researching our next HC (even though we are a year late because of dumbass Tepper).

I don't have the drive that I once had.  I'm talking about watching the Panthers.

Zero connection to this team anymore.  I don't think there will ever be  a group like Luke, td, Norman, Olsen, cam again.

But I didn't think there would be a group like peppers, Smith, Delorme, Rucker, Morgan again either. 

Even if we start winning after we fire Rhule none of these players mean anything to me. 

Maybe it's getting older having a kid priorities changing but I don't really see myself caring the same way ever again. I've watched a total of about 5 minutes of the first two games.

• Pie 1

It's all about QB play. What killed this franchise was going from Teddy to Sam to washed Cam to Baker. You can't do that and expect good results. We might beat the Falcons next week, but no one in their right mind thinks we're going to have a good season. The teams that can expect good seasons have top tier QBs with very few exceptions.

When you have Baker as QB you should expect (with our roster) around 7 wins. Now we've lost against two bad teams 7 wins looks less likely. I think we're now looking at about 5 wins. Why would I be excited in any way to watch the Panthers win 5 ugly games, and never be in contention for the playoffs yet again. I'm going to watch each game, but I am no long watching the games live. I'll record them and watch when I'm bored.

Where did it all go wrong? There was a moment in the 2020 draft when Justin Herbert was sitting there at the #6 pick and we had the 7th pick. I said live in the chat it's got to be Herbert right, we've got to get him somehow. I said I hope it's not the fat ass, or something to that effect, meaning we got Brown. Sure enough, the Bolts took Herbert and we got Brown. That was the most critical moment of the post Cam era. The next most critical moment will be the 2023 draft when we have a top 10 pick. Until then there really isn't much to be excited about on the field. 

1 minute ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Biggest problem Is ownership, if it’s taken tepper this long to see what nearly the entire fan base has, we have bigger issues of ridding ourselves of rhule, not confident at all this guy can make any front office moves to move this team closer to championship contention 

This team is like a toy for him. He was probably more excited about the Elton John concert than giving a poo about what happened at the game today

I haven’t really cared since like 2019 tbh.  Used to watch every play of every panthers game even when I knew we weren’t making the playoffs. Ik players come and go but it just hasn’t been the same since guys like Cam, Luke, TD, Olsen, etc.. left. I’ll still turn the game on and halfway pay attention but if there’s a better game on at the same time I’ll watch that. 

Ive been there for the last two years or so.

Its terrible because Ive loved the Panthers more than any team most my life.

I will not try to root for a new team (Denver where I live) or (Miami where I grew up). It just doesn't feel right. I have too much invested from the John Fox and Ron years to let this go. fug we should have a Super Bowl.

fug you Tepper.