• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Saints at Panthers GameDay Thread!

Zod

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. Baker missed two throws on that one drive and they were crucial misses on relatively easy throws but this overall offensive design is trash for our personnel. I have no idea why you hire an OC who thinks RBs can't be used in the passing game when your best player is the best pass catching RB in the NFL. And hiring an OC who heavily relied on TEs when that's probably the weakest position group on the entire roster.

It's just a square peg/round hole. The same thing is true on the other side of the ball. We have built a good young core of CBs but they're press man CBs. Why do you hire Steve Wilks as your secondary coach when he's a cover 3 guy? We have our press man CBs playing soft zone 10 yards off the LOS. Again, square peg/round hole.

Rhule went hiring names to impress Tepper with former NFL HCs on his staff. He didn't even bother to try to hire guys who could maximize his roster.

Honestly, I think they're bad fits that ended up here because although philosophically they don't line up with the personnel, where it does align is that they were mostly cast-offs who couldn't get these positions elsewhere had it not been with a guy who is on the hottest seat in the NFL that no other professional coach worth their salt would want to be associated with.  I think Campen and Tabor are the only exceptions there.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

lol if we could have stopped beating ourselves we would be 2-0 see how that works? It's hillarious you think a team this bad should be "expected to put up more points'

This team sucks in the 2nd half if you haven't bee keeping up.  The sun shines on a dog's arse every now and then, so yeah, if they expect to pull this thing off, they should have built a bigger cushion.

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Honestly, I think they're bad fits that ended up here because although philosophically they don't line up with the personnel, where it does align is that they were mostly cast-offs who couldn't get these positions elsewhere had it not been with a guy who is on the hottest seat in the NFL that no other professional coach worth their salt would want to be associated with.  I think Campen and Tabor are the only exceptions there.

Bingo.