• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Aaron Wilson: Tepper's patience with Rhule growing thin

UNCrules2187

I know it's not everyone's 1st choice but I'd like to give Steve Wilks (If Rhule is fired)a shot this year. Went to a shitty situation  in Arizona  but he has all the makings of a coach who can reach players and well respected. 

Edited by Lurk21
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

25 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

I do think the next two games are essentially must wins for Rhule. I don't see how this team recovers if they start 1-4 with 3 home losses and then facing the Rams and Bucs back to back. If Rhule and co drop these next two, I think 1-6 is likely and the nail in the coffin for Rhule.

Looking at these ticket prices after a win no less, I don't know if they can get to 50% capacity even this weekend. If they lose to the Cards that 49ers game could be ugly

33 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Looking at these ticket prices after a win no less, I don't know if they can get to 50% capacity even this weekend. If they lose to the Cards that 49ers game could be ugly

To be fair, hurricane forecast doesn’t help….very sad time to be a fan of the franchise and this game, I believe  is Sam Mills’  honor game ..with his widow there and such 

Too, this cardinals team is really nothing special particularly with Hopkins out   The Panthers have another winnable game at home …one of probably six they will win this year 

so as you know stupid PSL holders like me pay full price and with profit revenue sharing the only thing Tepper feels is ego embarrassment 

I had hoped baker would be a decent qb so that might stir up some interest 

the only thing that helped take my financial pain away from me this year was the ridiculous Brady love.   nothing  like seeing grown ass men in their 40s wearing tee shirts with Brady’s picture on them 

One thing is certain, I do not want Matt Rhule anywhere near drafting a QB. 

payton doesn’t want to groom a QB either. IMHO  It needs to be a brilliant young coordinator as a HC or a veteran HC who will spend the miney for top. Rated OCs giving them the ‘assistant head coach’ title 

then again, who knows. Maybe Rhule, McAdoo, and baker will fool us all 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Beer 3

This seems weird to report with the timing of Rappaports report from this weekend. 

I think it's well known if the Panthers have another losing season Matt Rhule is likely gone, hell Matt might leave himself. 

Dan Quinn was actually a solid coach in ATL. I much prefer Flores. 

Given the connections with Quinn, if Scott Fitterer has any say in the coaching search, I could see Quinn being the coach. Not my first choice though. 

If we are going to to look at any retreads, I think Raheem Morris or Leslie Frazier would be ideal.

I know many probably prefer Harbaugh but I feel like he will be a head case.