• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those wanting Darnold...

TheCasillas

I just don't get with a vastly improved Online people wouldn't want to see Darnold after the last 4 weeks. Baker is severely limited physically and is missing wide open players. 

Having PJ or Sam immediately gets 5-7 plays extra on offence from tipped passes alone. That's with a clean pocket. I counted 3 passes today where he just overthrew or threw behind open receivers. He's too slow to get a first down with his feet and doesn't do anything better than average except for his "competitiveness". He's literally a walk-on athlete because of his physical limitations. 

Panthers never should have traded for him. Keep our draft capital and salvage that 4th. Play anyone other than Baker. 

• Pie 2

Heck I'm all for trying Darnold for several reasons:

1) As noted, it improves the chances we lose a 5th instead of a 4th for Baker (assuming Darnold isn't that much more atrocious or gets injured and we have to go back to Baker)

2) Baker hasn't shown any signs of improvement. I'd be willing to cut him some slack that maybe he just needed time to learn the playbook better and gel with the receivers but I'd expect some trend towards that. Instead he's been as stagnant as it gets.

3) At least Darnold had a few good games as the starter. We haven't seen a single good game from Baker. 

4) Darnold was crap with a horrible offensive line and no McCaffrey. At the very least, with us paying him $19 million, at least see if he can be a Teddy Bridgewater-esque game manager with a better line and CMC. Hell I'd kill for those days now.

5) At least with Darnold's height, you might expect not every other pass will get batted down.

Anyhow, in no way am I expecting Darnold to lead us on a wildcard hunt. But is it possible this offense could go from completely nauseating to watch to just flat out mediocre? Maybe. Probably not, but maybe.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

22 minutes ago, pantherj said:

I am fine with Sam having another chance once he's feeling better. He never had an o-line this good, and he'll dump it off to CMC every other play. Fine by me.

yeah without a doubt we need our Qb whomever it might be to start dumping the ball off or let's say checking down the ball more to CMC...

34 minutes ago, Cam Lawter said:

You guys are seriously forgetting how fuging bad Darnold was last year lmfao. Pick 6's every game, fumbles, him throwing hospital balls lmao.

I don't ever want to see him on the field again.

He's legit better than Mayfield.

• Beer 1