• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Graziano: "Lots of buzz" Panthers could fire Rhule

Mr. Scot

From the blurb...

ESPN's Dan Graziano reports "there's a lot of buzz" the Panthers will fire head coach Matt Rhule "if things don't pick up soon."

The Panthers have a 1-3 start under Rhule, who is facing three straight losing seasons, and are 11-26 since hiring Rhule in 2020. Another loss to the 49ers in Week 5 could add fuel to Rhule's already hot seat. Firing Rhule in-season would give Carolina an early start at finding his replacement amid rumors the team is planing a run at Sean Payton in 2023. Ex-Cardinals coach Steve Wilks would likely serve as the interim coach if Rhule is fired. The Panthers have been the league's worst offense through the first four weeks, ranking last in the NFL in third-down percentage (26%) and total yards per game (263).

• Pie 4
  • Beer 5

I think people that don't want him fired because it won't win anymore games are insane in wanting to sit through 12 more weeks of Rhule press conferences lol. I can't stand listening to or looking at him anymore. I'm more interested in if someone could call plays instead of McAdoo. I'm sure he has some run plays and play actions in his Football menu, if he doesn't it wouldn't be hard to come up with a few of each. Sometimes less is more

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

god i wish, i dont think it happens until around the time the panthers are mathematically eliminated which may take awhile because the NFCS is mediocre this year

there's too much buzz

if the panthers do what we all think they will, im not sure rhule survives it. and he shouldn't.

• Pie 1