• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rappaport talks about Baker and Dave

mc52beast

46 minutes ago, Growl said:

I don’t understand why we’d fire him

let that man lead the panthers to the #1 overall pick

Agree let him keep driving our record down for a while. Fire him with like 2 or 3 weeks left to get a head start on the search and tell the interim coach the last 2-3 games to play only young guys so the tank continues

It's possibkle that Tepper is also rattled, not used to a city being put out with hime and is so careful about doinh the right thing that he is missing the necessary thing.

I've been a bit surprised at how little criticism goes toward the GM.  There have been some quwstionable trades, lost compensation and weak drafts.  If that's because he's been overruled, it makes sense.  But if he's been a key influencer on the QB decisions and in season trades, he needs to be evaluated as well.  

Not to be a cynic but the amount of hell fire that would come raining down on Tepper from the “if Matt Rhule was black, he would have been fired after year one” crowd in the media might just be enough to force Tepper’s hand if he likes it or not.

You better believe it Rhule somehow didn’t get fired if we go 1-16, Stephen A and a lot of others in the media would start bringing race in the equation.  

I can see it now. “Black assistants and coordinators aren’t getting head coaching jobs but Matt Rhule still has a job.” 

im not a fan of bringing the race card up, but if that’s what it takes to get Rhule fired, I’m all for it.