• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper is supposed to have a press conference at 345pm

raleigh-panther

10 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Does the stadium even need to host concerts? They've had some DISASTERS of events like that beer festival that was a total joke and they ran out of beer in like 20 minutes. How many concerts can even draw 70k people? The Spectrum Center hosts better concerts than the stadium would. Hell the whitewater center hosted some great concerts. He's taking credit for something that doesn't matter and no one asked for.

I think you spend so much time on here that it's broken your brain. There are plenty of people outside of the small group of posters here that are big mad about the switch to artificial turf, who absolutely want stadium concerts. Just look at the ticket sales for the shows they've had so far. 

And wasn't that beer festival the first event at the stadium after Tepper bought it? And isn't mismanagement of that event the responsibility of the event organizers? Did TSE organize that? I get that you guys are having fun dunking on Tepper. It's about the only thing to bring any of us joy so far this season, but you're being a little ridiculous. 

• Pie 1

He’s not a likable guy in anyway.  I’ve always felt that way and this just confirms how I feel. Sorry, but I’m not convinced he will ever field a consistent winner. 
I do wish Wilkes all the best and hope, if he rights the ship, he gets serious consideration for HC. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

He didn’t bring it (music) to Charlotte either… he brought Chesney and Brooks… whether that’s music is up for debate.

Charlotte had music well before Tepper.

You're being deliberately obtuse. We all know he was referring to the stadium concerts, which is a true statement. His group already brought the Rolling Stones, Garth Brooks, Billy Joel, Elton John in just two years. Whether you or I like them or not didn't affect ticket sales. 

• Pie 2

This is Tepper's reckoning press conference, I'm glad they asked the hard questions. This guy was so sure that he hit a home run with Rhule and felt like the smartest owner because he was the richest. Eat some poo, money can buy a lot of things but it doesn't always lead to success. This is the exact humble pie that he needs. Running a multibillionaire business is not the same with dealing with a sports team that has significant impact on fans.  NFL fans are a much tougher critic than the stock market! Just get the next hire right Tepper! 

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

define sell low?  I would take a 2nd and nothing lower then that.  I would hold out for a 1rst but man he took a beating yesterday and I am afraid its only a matter of time before he gets hurt so time is of the essence

There isn't a good reason to take just a 2nd for him.

2 minutes ago, MrBubba said:

So he is asked about the numerous failures of the Panthers under his ownership and he talks about concerts and soccer.  Think we may have found at least a piece of the problem.  

I've heard from a former employee that the Panthers are no better than third on his priorities behind his investment company and the soccer team.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, trueblade said:

I've heard from a former employee that the Panthers are no better than third on his priorities behind his investment company and the soccer team.

I believe that. It's obvious from the success of each. I just wish he would put the Panthers as priority over his soccer team at least.  Do not fault him for putting his investments as number 1. He would be a fool not to.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I believe that. It's obvious from the success of each. I just wish he would put the Panthers as priority over his soccer team at least.  Do not fault him for putting his investments as number 1. He would be a fool not to.

I think he did until he realized he was in over his head in the NFL. A lot less competition in the world of soccer in America. Soccer here is like NFL Europe.