• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ok, so now that we know 100% that QB will be our pick in rd 1.. Let’s talk about our 2nd biggest need, WR. Who do we love in the 2nd?

panthersgreenville

We need to get a 3 down off the ball LB in the top of the second IMO. I’d love a DT but as with Brown and a lot of them it’s a position that takes time to mature I’m happy filling that through FA. And pass rushing DE in my head seem to be hard to hit on in the 2nd the good ones go in the first and the athletic freaks with a screw loose fall 

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

Patriots swapped the pick and got Zappe in the fourth. Zappe has played already and the Panthers will owe a pick in the 60's 70's.

They must now prove their pick was on point to match what they've given up. MC9 is playing folks.

Our d line will take a huge step adding any DE that can create a modicum of pressure on the other side.

Hell yeah!  Forgot that top pick possibly franchise changing QB, we HAVE to show we did good trading that future 3rd rounder from the previous regime!  

cat lol GIF by San Diego Zoo 

I’m a fan of investing in the DL or receiving room these days. The OL is nearing fortification (still want a long term C) but think an 3-down defender could go a long way as much as a WR/TE/Rec Back. 

Ideally, I’m going best offensive skill player or top D lineman available.

It would be nice to have a skill player grow with CJ, Bryce or Will.

You have to set this up timing wise. You have to think of making things as easy as possible for your rookie QB. The d-line can be upgraded later.

2023:

Round 1 - QB obviously.

Round 2 - This comes down to either a center or TE. The reason for a center is because Pat is inconsistent at pass protection, and we CANNOT have our rookie taking pressure up the middle and getting hurt physically and mentally. This is not an option imo. Our rookie decides our fate for SEVERAL years onward. He must have a wonderful premium o-line that makes things easy, and makes it easy to evaluate him. Think about how the Browns built an elite o-line, and then were able to properly evaluate Mayfield and dump him on us thanks to moron Fitt. We need to be smarter as well. Also, TE is another option in the second round. The reasoning is that QBs who don't know what they are doing LOVE a big target TE build like an NBA forward posting up in the middle of the field. You can always just dump it to the TE and there is a decent chance of a completion if you keep the ball placement high. This would do wonders for our rookie, but center would be a bigger priority.   

2024 would be a good opportunity to draft a #WR to pair with DJ with our 1st round pick.

2025 would be the time to look at a DE who is 6'5ish and can rush the passer and stop the run with our 1st round pick.

You have to get the timing right and know what is most important. If we do things out of order we could end up with a trembling traumatized QB who is totally ruined, and then it won't matter who we have at DE. Our team with be 100% ruined, not matter the DE or MLB, They don't decided the fate of the team.

Zay Flowers is the only WR I've ID'd yet that gives me the Devonta/G Wilson/OBJ/Jefferson jimmies this draft.  

And by that, I mean the tough aggressive, "I'm gonna go get that damn ball and jolt" type feel.  

I'm usually wrong about most WRs, but that type I've been right on.  The ones that aggressively come back, extend, and seeks the ball after plays bail and can then take the top off.  Those are the guys you want & we don't have that.  Have only ever had Smitty resemble that who along with Tyreek are the best examples of such in NFL history.

• Beer 1

18 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Patriots swapped the pick and got Zappe in the fourth. Zappe has played already and the Panthers will owe a pick in the 60's 70's.

They must now prove their pick was on point to match what they've given up. MC9 is playing folks.

Our d line will take a huge step adding any DE that can create a modicum of pressure on the other side.

See I think we could. Trade down from number 1.

Take a pass rusher first then we can still get Hooker or the coastal kid and maybe a DT.

Then that kid competes with Golden Corral!!

That's a lot of value.