• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ok, so now that we know 100% that QB will be our pick in rd 1.. Let’s talk about our 2nd biggest need, WR. Who do we love in the 2nd?

panthersgreenville

Like others, I also don’t believe WR is our second biggest need, but playing devils advocate and answering the question…

Adding Josh Downs would be nice, I also like A.T. Perry from a pure size point of view. A good coaching staff could probably develop him into a very solid wide receiver.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

I don't see WR as a need.  Crazy as that sounds.  Moore, TMJ, Shi and Shenault all would improve with a competent QB.  It's time to add a RB may be two.  young RBs are available all through the draft. take one early and take one later. Listen to offers for CMC even on draft day. 

2 hours ago, SCO96 said:

Technically Stafford just did it last year. But, I get your point. He was traded to SB contender in what should be the prime of his career. I'd expect him to do well in that environment. He never won a playoff game with the Lions, who drafted him. Before him, Peyton and Eli were both # 1 picks that were able to win titles with the teams that drafted them.

If you had a class like the 1983 (Elway, Kelly, O'Brien, Mario) or 2004 (E .Manning, Big Ben, Philip Rivers) I could see trading back to get one of these guys a little later in the top 10. But, none of the QB's inthis class seem like sure things to me, so I'd probably go with the guy that the organization feels the most comfortable with.

Now, ironically, who did LA trade for him, and where was he drafted?

Where you pick isn't as important as who you pick.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, CRA said:

yeah, we specifically need a receiving TE.  Not a blocking TE. 

Tremble could become a good pass catching TE if we had better offensive coaching. That said, the kid out of GA is considered the top of the ‘23 TE class. And as already been stated, we have bigger needs at DE/DL and LB. You can also develop the WRs on our roster better.

Edited by Prowler2k18
  • Beer 1

27 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I know teams have gone all defense in a draft before, or all offense...but has a team ever went with an all QB draft before?

I am close to singing onto this plan. Just use every pick on a QB, SOMEONE has to be good. We have been in this mess long enough, nothing matter until we have a franchise QB

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

nah just ask @rippadonn Corral is the answer we will draft a DE guarunteeeeed

That's the spirit!

They've got to see what the kid has got they spent serious draft capital and are giving a pretty good pick away for Corral this next draft.

There's no way around it. He's going to play or they look very foolish.

• Flames 1

Patriots swapped the pick and got Zappe in the fourth. Zappe has played already and the Panthers will owe a pick in the 60's 70's.

They must now prove their pick was on point to match what they've given up. MC9 is playing folks.

Our d line will take a huge step adding any DE that can create a modicum of pressure on the other side.

Edited by rippadonn
  • Pie 1