• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What a bust...

TheCasillas

7 hours ago, Mol3m4n said:

Not discrediting anything, but we believe in PFF now?

He’s noticeable on the field. He’s making plays and you can see him dominate. He’s really grown this year. Up until this season he was looking like a bust. To be fair I think you need to give a player 3-4 years to adapt to the nfl. Some people just take longer adapting.

I have always thought he caught way too much flack.

Often, lineman are not stand outs in games, offense or defense.

Of course, there are freaks like Aaron Donald but for the most part, you never finish a football game and say "(insert lineman name) was REALLY on fire today!"

I've gone into more detail about this in other Brown threads before.

When I watch the games, Brown is now constantly double teamed on pass and run plays.  That tells me he is doing what he should be doing.  When one defender commands two players, it puts your defense at an advantage.  If you can force the offense to double team two of your players - here's looking at you Burns - the rest of your defense will look great.

This team has the makings of our 2015 defense if we can just get the right coaching in place and fix our LBers.

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

This was a critical year for Brown. If he didn't make a jump this year, I just wouldn't expect him to make it.

He took longer than expected but maybe he finally figured it out and we will have our DT star for a while.

I think it will get even better when we have a scheme that suits him more.

I agree, but I also feel like it took longer due to coaching and the fact that he was the only DL over 260lbs his rookie year. It was like D. Carr's rookie year with the Texans! Welcome to the NFL rookie every single snap!

• Beer 1

22 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

This entire message shows me that you have not watched any tape on Derrick Brown this year. Teams are LITERALLY running away from him.... you can go see that in the 3 weeks of research that I used my personal time to share with you all.

4th best DT in the league and you use the word "serviceable"

So, why do teams keep running up the middle? First play Rams went with was a run directly at Brown for a 3 or 4 yard gain.

Teams go after Brown on 3rd and long with running plays with a high rate of success in converting 3rd and long 1st downs. I think you have just chosen to watch a few plays you like. 

• Poo 1

21 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

So, why do teams keep running up the middle? First play Rams went with was a run directly at Brown for a 3 or 4 yard gain.

Teams go after Brown on 3rd and long with running plays with a high rate of success in converting 3rd and long 1st downs. I think you have just chosen to watch a few plays you like. 

How many lanes do you think a single DT fills?  Do you really think the DTs job... by their lonesome, is to eat up a hole and tackle the ball carrier?

Edited by TheCasillas