• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC to the 49ers

Ricky Spanish

3 minutes ago, Mike in Raleigh said:

I find your optimism interesting considering we are currently setting records for being awful. Particularly when we were just getting by with mediocrity before. As long as Tepper owns this team, it's going to be an extended series of mind numbingly, pants on head, stupid decisions. Get used to the idea.

The thing Rhule never understood is you either need to be bad enough to get a franchise changing QB or or good enough to make the playoffs.  Us being this bad is a feature not a bug with how this team is built right now.  Yeah Rhule sucked, yeah the offense is in the tubes but its not unfixable.  Tepper leaning toward an offensive coach is another good sign he's learning.  Sure they could fumble the bag, but us making good decisions now shouldnt be completely thrown away because of bad decisions we've made in the past.  Find a competent play caller and a good young QB and this offense can improve very very quickly.

I can promise you there are better offensive minds than Mcadoo out there.

Edited by stan786

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

One, it’s already been addressed. All teams get more. Which means everyone decent makes more. Two, where is this 28M number coming from. OTC has +17M. Sportrac +10M?

And those excellent FAs and restructuring contracts built a team bad enough to get the first pick. Seems logical to keep doing that. But the bottom line is your “numbers” weren’t correct,, and the future isn’t as rosy as you claim. 

18 million* I should have proofed my last mesasage before replying.

My numbers were pulled directly from spotrac. Refute it all you want.. its just a waste of energy at this point. I made my claim. We have 8 months until we know how it lands. 

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

I think some people here are severely overrating the impact CMC had on the game.  Yall are acting like he was rushing for 1800 yards a season and scoring 20 TDs. He's had a grand total of 2 1000 yard rushing seasons, the last coming in 2019.  We're almost in 2023.  He had one really great season, 3 years ago.  Since then, hes barely done anything.  We gotta stop living in the past as Panthers fans. 

I like how you mention his rushing stats but don't say anything about his receiving stats...

He was elite in 2018 and 2019, got hurt in 2020, and was brought back way too early (Because Rhule was desperate to win) in 2021 before letting his hammy fully heal, which kept leading to lingering issues throughout the season. 

Even with teams knowing he is our only good player, he was still on pace for 2,000 total rushing + receiving yards this year. And that's facing a stacked box with 1 (or 0) deep safeties and corners playing tight coverage because our OC has a mickey mouse playbook.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, stan786 said:

The thing Rhule never understood is you either need to be bad enough to get a franchise changing QB or or good enough to make the playoffs.  Us being this bad is a feature not a bug with how this team is built right now.  Yeah Rhule sucked, yeah the offense is in the tubes but its not unfixable.  Tepper leaning toward an offensive coach is another good sign he's learning.  Sure they could fumble the bag, but us making good decisions now shouldnt be completely thrown away because of bad decisions we've made in the past.  Find a competent play caller and a good young QB and this offense can improve very very quickly.

Just gonna have to agree to disagree. I have 0 faith that any of the decision makers have the first clue about what they are doing. It's going to take a lot to change my mind.

• Pie 1

58 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

2023 isn't the year for free agency anyway. That's just to evaluate players, clear cap and hope the first round QB plays the last six games and looks promising. 

then you bring in the FAs to plug holes

And what if the first round QB can't ever beat out Matt Corral?

Just now, TheCasillas said:

18 million* I should have proofed my last mesasage before replying.

My numbers were pulled directly from spotrac. Refute it all you want.. its just a waste of energy at this point. I made my claim. We have 8 months until we know how it lands. 

It wasn’t the numbers on Spotrac. It was your interpretation of the amount that could be restructured on the players. And the sal cap number. You made your claim. And most of it was wrong. And not because of any site.