• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Win or Tank?

Zod

7-9 and in the shittiest division and then lose in the wild cards is not what I’d consider a ‘playoff run’

we had a year like that and immediately did not belong there, to me that’s pointless but our fans have become so deprived any playoff game, win or lose, is as good as a Lombardi 

no thanks, would rather have hope and something to look forward to. the above scenario would not be it for me.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

As long as there is still a chance at us winning the division and getting a home playoff game I'm rooting for wins. Those playoff games are the ultimate reward for being a loyal PSL holder, and they're the best games because people actually start caring about the team and the crowds don't look like this years game VS san Francisco. I remember in 2013 the guy who sold the seats next to us all season actually showed up for that game and apologized for selling all year. 

But even once we're out of it I personally will not be tanking. For what it's worth I'll be showing up to the home games ready to get loud for 4 quarters no matter what our record is. 

Cultures don't build themselves, and they're damn sure not built off losing. I've been a fan of this team since I was 5 years old and Charlotte got their own team. I'm taking it on myself to set the example in section 204 and try to be an influence on the next generation of fans coming up, the same way I used to look up to the Catman in the section below us.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, UpstatePantherfan said:

So for all the anti tankers out there.. I will say this. Do you firmly believe that even if we somehow win and make the playoffs this year, that Wilks is the guy to be our next full time head coach and be that guy to get us to the promised land or the very least, a consistent year in and year our playoff team?!

This question is really important because us winning several games doesn’t mean we lose a top 3 pick, but it also means Wilks is staying. Before you think otherwise, do you truly think Tepper will fire Wilks if he somehow has a winning record in the current environment?!? 

So again I ask, is Wilks that perennial playoff type head coach?!? Because if we win this year, he stays. I will be honest, looking around the league at the top elite teams right now, what do a majority of them have in common?! Young offensive minded head coaches. 

Out of ALL the teams with a winning record right now, all but two have young, offensive minded head coaches while only two (the Jets and Bills) have defensive minded head coaches.

I see Wilks and I see a good leader of men but I look at his age and tendencies and I see flashbacks of Riverboat Ron or John Fox (that last game where we had all three time outs before the half with 2 mins left and just let the clock go down to half time) and I think Wilks ceiling is Fox/Rivera. Some bad seasons, one great season and a lot of mixed seasons and I do not want to go in that direction. 

I would like an offensive coach as well, but what if Wilks can do what other perennial winner non-offensive coaches such as Tomlin, Harbaugh, McDermott etc. can do? But we’ll wait and see how it all turns out.

I want to see the Panthers turn this around. Don’t care for the losers that think tanking is great. Need to find out what kind of team this is without Rhule. If there is a QB in the draft next year that is a can’t miss then trade up for him. That is what KC did with Mahomes. Personally I don’t think there is a can’t miss QB. All could be Ryan Leaf. 

• Pie 1