• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predictions - Panthers at Falcons

Zod

10 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Our injury report heavily outweighs their’s by a multiplier of 3. I don’t think we get this one, even with the stars aligning.

What injury report are you reading? Can you share with us please? Their missing their top rb/wr playmaker that they have also missing their starting safety and best CB. We’re down one starter Chinn a few guys may be banged up but good to play if not we’re down a few backups as well nothing like ATL missing key players on O and D. Reread the injury report because you seem confused about who’s out.

Horn is still out, correct? 

The Buccaneers game has really warped perceptions around here about the problems with this team. Defensive breakdowns in pass protection were still a problem on Sunday but the Buc's offense is dysfunctional (see last night) The Mike Evans drop changed the whole outlook of the game. Buc's also can't seem to stop the run, which inflated the appearance of a successful run game. Brady was good on 1st and 2nd down, but the 3rd down attack was very poor. They refuse to run, letting the D get pressure on a wrecked Buc's oline. 

The Bucs also cant run the ball (worst in league) which allowed the defense to get off the field faster than any prior game. Brady plays poorly when pressured, and his oline is broken and ragtag. 

Meanwhile, on offense, the WRs got separation on Sunday primarily because of the Buc's injured secondary running Zone defense on key downs, and the run game keeping the defense honest. This accounts for the improved separation on both TD plays and most of DJs receptions. PJ only had to pass 16 times, as the RBs carried the scoring drives. 

The offense was actually having most of the same problems, especially in the 2nd half with three and outs. I think we got lucky with bad defensive calls in/near the red zone. Going Zone coverage against 2minute offense played into our strength. 

It seemed like a game where everything went right, for the most part. 

I think it's a winnable game, but I don't know if after rewatching the game if I can credit this team with figuring it out so much as catching the Bucs at the perfect moment to be handed a game. 

Edited by AlphabetsEnd
  • Pie 2

11 minutes ago, AlphabetsEnd said:

Horn is still out, correct? 

The Buccaneers game has really warped perceptions around here about the problems with this team. Defensive breakdowns in pass protection were still a problem on Sunday but the Buc's offense is dysfunctional (see last night) The Mike Evans drop changed the whole outlook of the game. Buc's also can't seem to stop the run, which inflated the appearance of a successful run game. Brady was good on 1st and 2nd down, but the 3rd down attack was very poor. They refuse to run, letting the D get pressure on a wrecked Buc's oline. 

The Bucs also cant run the ball (worst in league) which allowed the defense to get off the field faster than any prior game. Brady plays poorly when pressured, and his oline is broken and ragtag. 

Meanwhile, on offense, the WRs got separation on Sunday primarily because of the Buc's injured secondary running Zone defense on key downs, and the run game keeping the defense honest. This accounts for the improved separation on both TD plays and most of DJs receptions. PJ only had to pass 16 times, as the RBs carried the scoring drives. 

The offense was actually having most of the same problems, especially in the 2nd half with three and outs. I think we got lucky with bad defensive calls in/near the red zone. Going Zone coverage against 2minute offense played into our strength. 

It seemed like a game where everything went right, for the most part. 

I think it's a winnable game, but I don't know if after rewatching the game if I can credit this team with figuring it out so much as catching the Bucs at the perfect moment to be handed a game. 

Our first 4 losses were due to an absolute horrible O, particularly total ass QB play.  Total ass.  Baker had a 14 QBR in one game.  The Huddle was talking about the good OL Darnold days.

Replacing Baker with PJ was "figuring it out."  Had we let PJ throw beyond the LOS against the Rams, we might have won that too.

In the end, the Bucs were missing 2 starting CBs, and their OL has been decimated since preseason.   

I agree, we hit the Bucs at the right time, like the Saints last year. 

PJ is going to be good, until the ints start rolling in.

There's more wins ahead, unless the FO trades away more players.

1 minute ago, ladypanther said:

image.png.ba8214c3bffe5ebb5d6f8496174e8ac2.png

Betting on the Panthers to cover at -6.5 has gotta be one of the easiest bets of the season.  Not surprised it has now moved to -4.  I think we win this one pretty easily.

Panthers 24

Falcons 13

PJ goes 17/25 210 yards 2 TDs 1 INT

We run for 150+ yards

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Panthers win .  21 - 17

Remember how great we were after 3 games last season ?  then the wheels ( Rhule ) fell off ..

Sunday will be our High Water Mark for the season.   We Will WIn and be in First Place for a Week.

Then we watch ,,   Cincinnati L , Atlanta ?  Baltimore L ,  Denver , yeah they suck, ?? Seattle ???  Pitt , they suck too ???? , Detroit , perennial team that sucks ????? Tampa , will the wheels have come completely off for them ??????   and  Nu Auleans  they suck too  ???????  

We could go from being first pick in the draft to drafting about 20th ....  and we need a QB  

Edited by OceanPanther

Hard to say.  This team was robbed in the Cleveland game and could have quite easily won the Giants game as well.  As terrible as the season has been we're a couple bounces away from a 4-3 record instead of 2-5.  

Win or lose, we'll be able to put the Bucs game in better context after this Sunday.  

• Pie 1