• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Everyone needs to calm down

Cdparr7

1 hour ago, Cdparr7 said:

When we weren’t getting screwed by Pineiro, we were getting screwed by the refs.

We have progressively gotten better the past three weeks, the team on the field today would have beat the team we had last week. This game would have never been close with Rhule. 

Winnable game next week and a rematch with the Falcons right after. Still 9 games left. I actually came away from this game with confidence, I haven’t seen this much fight out of the team in years.

You CALM DOWN!!!!

7 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

I don’t like to lose this way but what are the expectations? What is the long term vision? Fix the DNA disaster that was Matt Rhule, in three weeks? In the long run, this loss could mean the difference in a draft spot. Like how close we were to Herbert. In a perfect world, I’d love to win under any circumstance, but I understand that real, meaningful, future building wins aren’t really really on the table. Not with Pj Walker, Sam Darnold, or Baker Mayfield. Like I said, take any winning expectation and tamper it. If we get them, awesome, if we don’t , look at the bright side. It’s a positive when you look long term spectrum.

The expectation is to win. The team has been losing these kinds of close games for DECADES but really since the second half of 2018 the curse is really bad. I could list so many games that are a mirror image of this game over the last 4 years. Panthers have lost ALL of them. 

It is really more than just bad luck at this point. The team is cursed. Something is just very wrong with this franchise. 

I was in a sea of red at this falcons bar. Myself and 2 others were in panthers gear. I want the tank, but when PJ hit DJ I damn near spilled my drink and knocked over my hoookahh jumping up. Today was fun. I’m not upset about the loss, but it was good to see us compete. The last 7 mins of the game were real fun 

Edited by AggieLean
  • Pie 4

Just now, hepcat said:

The expectation is to win. The team has been losing these kinds of close games for DECADES but really since the second half of 2018 the curse is really bad. I could list so many games that are a mirror image of this game over the last 4 years. Panthers have lost ALL of them. 

It is really more than just bad luck at this point. The team is cursed. Something is just very wrong with this franchise. 

I’m not EXPECTING wins after ridding of a coach (albeit , the worst I’ve ever seen) and the teams best player. I was vocal last week when we beat tampa because it’s awesome to see the team fight and get a win. The way we lost was comical, but I’d just rather look forward with a positive lens than kick myself for the loss. Atlanta isn’t going FAR either, they can have these false hope wins, because they’re due for a real rebuilding, as well. Similar spot as us. They’re prolonging the inevitable more than we are.

34 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I will also add that I think it’s funny that we blame a kicker and refs when we had to have a 62 yard TD with 20 seconds and no timeouts left to even tie the game. Are we really going to act like that Hail Mary is a common play? We got pretty lucky to even score before DJ pulled his helmet off. Also, Woods clearly interferes with Byrd well within FG range before the end of regulation. The refs swallowed their whistle on that play. Eddie blew it, DJ won it the blew it but we had some luck and ref help to even get to overtime.

I feel like we were the better team (pick 6), but we do look through rose colored glasses and miss that we got some help as well.

Bro, the refs missed not one, but TWO blatant calls (false start and holding) on the Falcons go ahead TD to even put them in that position. Not to mention the rest of the no holding calls when the Falcons were grabbing all damn day, but then called everything in their power against us where PJ had to complete multiple 3rd and longs to even get a go ahead TD. Make no mistake, refs fugged us hard today.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1