• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rams Offering Two (Future) Firsts for Burns

17 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Cam Akers feeels like the adopted kid that no one wants.

Yeah, that doesn't sweeten the deal in my opinion He wants out, probably because he wants a contract. This is year three and he wasn't a 1st round pick, so we'd only have him this year and next and he'd probably be unhappy because I can't imagine Fitt giving him a contract after what we just went through with CMC plus Foreman looks very serviceable.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

They are 3-4 this year.  I guess "competitive" is relative

McVay may "retire" to Amazon

Donold is in his 30s

Stafford is hurt and is 35

I get your point about the division but I think you have to gamble that they are going to suck moving forward.  They dont have any assets or cap room to improve in the off season

There is more proof that they will succeed than fail next year. They will have the most continuity of any team in the NFL with their coaching staff and roster. This year they are ridden with the injury bug and dealing with the loss of Miller.

3-4 this year is competitive... have you looked at the standings? They are right in the middle of the pack competing for a playoff spot. Burns would be a strong contributor to helping them climb.

McVay used the amazon deal to get his new coaching deal. 

8 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

At some point, for me, that means keeping good players.

Agreed.  I think people are looking at what is coming due with him.  He is in for a big pay day.  Would it make sense for a team like us to max out a player right now when we still need a year or two to make a run?  On the other hand how likely is it we replace a top young player at a premium position?  It's a good debate.

I’ve seen game changing elite

Peppers was game changing elite and it stung like hell when we let him walk for NOTHING

Burns is Osi Umenyiora / Olivier Vernon…. Good, borderline great, not going to take over a game

this is a once in a lifetime fleecing for two top 15 picks for a player that is going to command being highest paid DE when he’s not worth it, take the deal

85307B32-62D2-4693-824C-7AF98C4975A0.jpeg

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Its worth the risk.  Do you really envision a scenario where they go deep in the playoffs next year?  How do they get better in the off season?

All they have to do is get healthy on the oline and improve their pass rush. That is literally the only issue they are having this year. Stafford has been sacked 24x... Thats 3.3 sacks given up per game... 

Their defense is top 5 in both passing and rushing....