• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rams Offering Two (Future) Firsts for Burns

Just now, pantherj said:

The last sentence is the important part.

It really is. Especially when you’re working for someone like Tepper. Which is why we’ve pissed away a lot for Bridgewater, Darnold and Baker. 

And it’ll continue to be a deciding factor in a lot of key decisions unfortunately 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

LOL you are unintelligent (and exactly the type of f150 I was talking about)

Delete your account

You put two Lamars on this D and we have a whole new team.

He was and will always be the bar I measure our 5 and 7 techniques. 

Of course you don't know what those are.

51 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

So if we don't end up liking one of the top QBs this year or aren't in a position to get one, how much easier would it be to move with 2 1sts in 24 and an extra in 25 as compensation. There's a lot of dynamics at play. I like Burns, but if trading him could increase the likelihood of getting a franchise QB, I gotta make that move. Way more at play than just Burns for picks. We gotta know how the GM and coaches view this year's qb prospects as well. 

...i'm like don't pick a QB if its not there....just cause we need one. we stretchin this shtt into 24 anyways...build the core to support one, when we decide we want one in the draft... tipper 3 years behind on what he shoulda done...now its time to pay the pipper....no short cuts.... Trade Burns...jayzus. First round picks are big trading money.

Edited by Pimpdaddy
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, ChuckWag78 said:

Please remember, the "two 1sts" the rams are supposedly offering in 24 & 25 are basically the equivalent to a second and third this year.

So magically, the day after the season ends they become *poof* first rounders again. I get that to an extent, but a first in two years is very attractive to a rebuilding team. 

• Pie 1

Just now, ECHornet said:

So magically, the day after the season ends they become *poof* first rounders again. I get that to an extent, but a first in two years is very attractive to a rebuilding team. 

Today yes. 2 and 3 years down the road, not as much. That is the point. You can't ack like time doesn't exist, that is not how investments work. 

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It means stop using the same logic on skipping over a HUGE need and waiting for the next year.  Draft one this year not in 2024, no 2025, no 2026....  We should have sucked it up and drafted Fields IMO 2 years ago.  

Don't mean to re-hash old news but there was zero guarantee he would've been available.

sure hindsight is hindsight but we didn't know that at the time.