• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ickey (Again)

Jay Roosevelt

3 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

1st pass play. Hendrickson comes around Ickey to make the stop from behind the screen pass. 1st down if Ickey stays with his block. Result is a punt.

2nd pass play. Roll out. Ickey doesn't have to pass block from LT position.

3rd pass play. Ickey is beat bad by Hendrickson and PJ has to twist and turn to get away from the sack. He escapes the pocket and throws an incomplete pass with the timing route messed up due to Ickey. Result punt.

4th pass play. Ickey get beat bad to his inside on a stunt letting Hendrickson get leverage on BC and in the face of PJ. Slow to pick up the stunt on the DT. Result is no passing lane for PJ and a quick check down under pressure to Blackshear.

5th pass play. Swing pass.  No pass blocking necessary.

6th pass play. Double team with BC on one defender. No pass rush.

7th pass play. 1st good block with a pass set.

8th pass play: WR screen. Ickey makes the wrong read and goes after the wrong defender. Ickeys defender has a free run at PJ and PJ rushes the screen pass. Incomplete.

9th pass play: Hendrickson stunts inside beating Ickey bad. Hendrickson blows up the pocket and pressures PJ to step up in the pocket and scramble for a 6 yard gain.

10th pass play: Hendrickson whips around the outside of Ickey. Ickey lunges for air. Hendrickson levels PJ, but PJ gets the ball away to throw it out of bounds and not take the sack.  Result is another punt on back to back horrible plays by Ickey.

11th pass play: Ickey with a good kick step and protects PJs blind side for a completed 3 yard pass.

12th pass play: Ickey with a good set and block on the pass with a straight 4 man rush.

--- End of PJ --- 3 good - 3 neutral - 6 bad

13th pass play: Ickey has no rusher. Blocks down on BCs defender.

14th pass play: Ickey gets put on skates and bull rushed into Mayfield's lap. Mayfield get the pass off before Mayfield has to dodge Ickey.

15th pass play: Ickey with a good block on a quick out.

16th pass play: Ickey is put on skates being bull rushed into Mayfield. BC saves Ickey on a quick check down by Mayfield.

17th pass play: Ickey stops Hendrickson for the 1st time with a good punch.

18th pass play: Ickey pass sets well and stones his Hendrickson giving Mayfield the time to throw the first TD of the game. 7-35 3Q

19th pass play: Ickey with a good punch on the DT from the inside. Hendrickson dropped into coverage.

20th pass play: Ickey is tricked by Hendrickson to set wide. Hendrickson beats Ickey inside and levels Mayfield. Mayfield throws the ball up and it falls incomplete. Results in a punt.

--- backups come in to play for the Bengals going into the 4th quarter --- 3 good - 2 neutral - 3 bad

21st pass play: Ickey with a good set and stops his pass rusher.

22nd pass play: Ickey with a good kick step and stops his pass rusher.

23rd pass play: Ickey with a good set and stops the backup pass rusher.

24th pass play: Ickey picks up the stunt.

25th pass play: Defender drops into coverage. Ickey blocks down on DT.

26th pass play: Ickey locks up his defender on a screen pass.

27th pass play: Good pass set. Stops pass rusher.

28th pass play: Good pass set. Pass rusher does not try to rush.

29th pass play: Good kick step. Pass rusher is hesitant to make a move.

30th pass play: Slow pass set. Poor pass rush. No pressure from rusher.

31st pass play: Ickey sets too wide and gets beat inside. BC bails him out with his defender in Mayfield's face during the pass.

32nd pass play: OL fires off the line near the GL. No pass set. Quick pass.

--- end of game --- 9 good - 2 neutral - 1 bad

When it matters; 6 good - 5 neutral - 9 bad. Hendrickson had his way with Ickey.

Add in garbage time v back-ups; 15 good - 7 neutral - 10 bad. Ickey pads his play against 3rd team DE.

You are welcome. Ickey struggled when it mattered and cost the Panthers a few drives. Opinion unchanged. He is an all pro guard and sucks against NFL speed rushers at OT.

And to think some people call me a troll 

9 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

1st pass play. Hendrickson comes around Ickey to make the stop from behind the screen pass. 1st down if Ickey stays with his block. Result is a punt.

2nd pass play. Roll out. Ickey doesn't have to pass block from LT position.

3rd pass play. Ickey is beat bad by Hendrickson and PJ has to twist and turn to get away from the sack. He escapes the pocket and throws an incomplete pass with the timing route messed up due to Ickey. Result punt.

4th pass play. Ickey get beat bad to his inside on a stunt letting Hendrickson get leverage on BC and in the face of PJ. Slow to pick up the stunt on the DT. Result is no passing lane for PJ and a quick check down under pressure to Blackshear.

5th pass play. Swing pass.  No pass blocking necessary.

6th pass play. Double team with BC on one defender. No pass rush.

7th pass play. 1st good block with a pass set.

8th pass play: WR screen. Ickey makes the wrong read and goes after the wrong defender. Ickeys defender has a free run at PJ and PJ rushes the screen pass. Incomplete.

9th pass play: Hendrickson stunts inside beating Ickey bad. Hendrickson blows up the pocket and pressures PJ to step up in the pocket and scramble for a 6 yard gain.

10th pass play: Hendrickson whips around the outside of Ickey. Ickey lunges for air. Hendrickson levels PJ, but PJ gets the ball away to throw it out of bounds and not take the sack.  Result is another punt on back to back horrible plays by Ickey.

11th pass play: Ickey with a good kick step and protects PJs blind side for a completed 3 yard pass.

12th pass play: Ickey with a good set and block on the pass with a straight 4 man rush.

--- End of PJ --- 3 good - 3 neutral - 6 bad

13th pass play: Ickey has no rusher. Blocks down on BCs defender.

14th pass play: Ickey gets put on skates and bull rushed into Mayfield's lap. Mayfield get the pass off before Mayfield has to dodge Ickey.

15th pass play: Ickey with a good block on a quick out.

16th pass play: Ickey is put on skates being bull rushed into Mayfield. BC saves Ickey on a quick check down by Mayfield.

17th pass play: Ickey stops Hendrickson for the 1st time with a good punch.

18th pass play: Ickey pass sets well and stones his Hendrickson giving Mayfield the time to throw the first TD of the game. 7-35 3Q

19th pass play: Ickey with a good punch on the DT from the inside. Hendrickson dropped into coverage.

20th pass play: Ickey is tricked by Hendrickson to set wide. Hendrickson beats Ickey inside and levels Mayfield. Mayfield throws the ball up and it falls incomplete. Results in a punt.

--- backups come in to play for the Bengals going into the 4th quarter --- 3 good - 2 neutral - 3 bad

21st pass play: Ickey with a good set and stops his pass rusher.

22nd pass play: Ickey with a good kick step and stops his pass rusher.

23rd pass play: Ickey with a good set and stops the backup pass rusher.

24th pass play: Ickey picks up the stunt.

25th pass play: Defender drops into coverage. Ickey blocks down on DT.

26th pass play: Ickey locks up his defender on a screen pass.

27th pass play: Good pass set. Stops pass rusher.

28th pass play: Good pass set. Pass rusher does not try to rush.

29th pass play: Good kick step. Pass rusher is hesitant to make a move.

30th pass play: Slow pass set. Poor pass rush. No pressure from rusher.

31st pass play: Ickey sets too wide and gets beat inside. BC bails him out with his defender in Mayfield's face during the pass.

32nd pass play: OL fires off the line near the GL. No pass set. Quick pass.

--- end of game --- 9 good - 2 neutral - 1 bad

When it matters; 6 good - 5 neutral - 9 bad. Hendrickson had his way with Ickey.

Add in garbage time v back-ups; 15 good - 7 neutral - 10 bad. Ickey pads his play against 3rd team DE.

You are welcome. Ickey struggled when it mattered and cost the Panthers a few drives. Opinion unchanged. He is an all pro guard and sucks against NFL speed rushers at OT.

Youre Crazy Season 3 GIF by The Office

11 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

You think he personally scouted all our draft prospects?

I mean Icky wasn’t really some hidden gem he discovered. Most mocks had him in the top 5, we were surprised he was there when we picked. I don’t know if Fitts gets a good job on that one. Now if these later round picks turn out to be good then that’s a different story.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

I mean Icky wasn’t really some hidden gem he discovered. Most mocks had him in the top 5, we were surprised he was there when we picked. I don’t know if Fitts gets a good job on that one. Now if these later round picks turn out to be good then that’s a different story.

I'm was stunned that the Giants didn't take him at #5.  Man am I glad they didn't!  I was still nervous that Rhule would do something stupid, however.  Even though Ickey was the obvious choice for us at #6, I was still nervous until his name actually was called.

• Pie 1

Just now, 45catfan said:

I'm was stunned that the Giants didn't take him at #5.  Man am I glad they didn't!  I was still nervous that Rhule would do something stupid, however.  Even though Ickey was the obvious choice for us at #6, I was still nervous until his name actually was called.

Still don’t get why they took Thibedoux at 5 instead of Ickey. Could have had both. Was very little to no chance CAR would take him. 

• Pie 1

Ickey has been everything I could hope for. I'm really happy we went withthe guy who is a beast in the run game and has the ability to improve his pass protection to an elite level. Watching him grow has been fun this year. All the noise at the begining of the year is really funny now.

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, ChuckWag78 said:

Wow. Someone has a short memory. Any one of the top 3 tackles could have been the first OT taken. QB was an option (a reach but an option). Ickey was scouted as a mauler in the run game with work needed in pass pro. Looks like the work has been done so far. 

Ickey was projected to go as early as 2 or 3 overall and was most analysts #1 tackle on the board.  It wasn't like when they picked Horn over Surtain.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, trueblade said:

Does the person with full roster control pick the players or not?

Yes, based on recommendations from the scouting staff, GM and assistant GM.

Rhule himself said he wasn't capable of doing the legwork that led up to the draft. That's why he didn't want an analytics based GM.

(it's one of the few good things he did)

• Pie 1