• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold Time

Jackie Lee

7 minutes ago, stbugs said:

He never had a solid OL though so I wonder if the no pressure results were because he constantly felt like he was going to get hit and when he didn’t it meant more guys in coverage. She’ll shocked that he’d always feel pressure and hurry and no one blitzing means more pass defenders.

Not expecting anything different but it’ll be interesting if he changes any because he should have more faith in the OL.

If you watched him during preseason you could see even with the improved line he still was locking onto his first read and if it wasn’t open he wouldn’t progress. 
Didn’t seem to me like his play improved with a better line. 
He’s just bad. 

3 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

It's actually the opposite. Sam was one of the worst QBs in the league when he was not under pressure. He just happened to be even worse when he was under pressure. 

Seemed to me it was because even when there wasn’t pressure, he reacted as if there was because the line was so bad most of the time. That’s the problem with stats, no context. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

The offense might have some excitement with Darnold’s reckless play 

I really didn't think Baker would be playing such a scared mundane style of QB. All three of these guys are auditioning for jobs next year so you'd think he'd have a little more yolo ball in him

2 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

$18.5 million this year…he should have to face something for it

That wasn't his fault that Rhule was an idiot. I mean you can literally put Mayfield, Darnold, and Bridgewaters name in that sentence and it would all be true. That's how terrible he was.