• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All aboard the Wilks Wagon

Zod

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

People whine about the "conservative" run first thing. At least it's a creative run game that D's do not like to play against

Defenses are built to stop the pass these days. That’s my personal belief to why scoring is down.

The heavy scheme we showed today is the anti-modern defense.

However, you still need to be be able to pass the ball to win in this league 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Defenses are built to stop the pass these days. That’s my personal belief to why scoring is down.

That's why his staff choices should be critical in his interview for the full time gig. That would be one of the main boxes he would have to check if I were on the hiring committee. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

Zod must need some revenue. He knows what will get clicks. Zod after this thread is done, Donald Duck Money GIF

Yeah the game thread today only went about half o r less of normal.  We can expect all sorts of bizarre pronouncements in the coming weeks trying to troll up the numbers.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Broncos offense was so bad we could afford to be conservative today in general. It was a don't fix what's not broke kinda day. Seattle will put up points so we'll see where Darnold is really at in that game. Average defense so no excuses

20 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Broncos offense was so bad we could afford to be conservative today in general. It was a don't fix what's not broke kinda day. Seattle will put up points so we'll see where Darnold is really at in that game. Average defense so no excuses

It was a sit back and let them fug up day. They basically quit by the 3rd quarter and Darnold was looking like an actual QB even though he rolled for a TD and sailed a ungodly amount of passes. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

The table...

@Seahawks
Steelers
Lions
@Buccaneers
@Saints

The team that showed up today (stout defense, strong ground game, and a QB who doesn’t make any mistakes) could go 5-0 against that group. I don’t think it’ll happen, but it at least makes the remaining couple of games worth tuning in for. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Either way Wilks starts up front with the O-line and D-line which has always been the key to success no matter your personal preference of run or pass. The score dictates that and whether you have a QB/WR's/CB's that can get their jobs done. We can all agree having a solid O-line is a major fuging relief finally

• Beer 1

Coaching success is a mixture of things.

First off, you have to be a leader. I don't think anybody doubts Wilks is that. Players respond to him like you hope players would.

The second thing you need is the mind of a chess master when it comes to strategy and planning. Does Wilks have that? Don't know.

But if he doesn't, he can make up for it by having a good eye for staffing. One of the reasons Sean McDermott has been so good is that he built a killer staff. Can Wilks do the same?

So basically, he's got the leadership part down. Whether he can also be the chess master or the staff builder is yet to be seen, but those things are necessary if he wants to be a winner.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1