• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Burns on Wilks

NAS

He’s right - too early and inappropriate for him to say either way.  We’re still too inconsistent on offense and we’ve primarily dominated against weaker opponents e.g. Atlanta and Denver. I like Wilks a lot but he’s still too conservative (though that fake punt was a gutsy call). The team’s performance down the stretch will certainly be telling. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

You are right on with Atlanta and Denver, heck Tampa was awful when we played them (two straight losses to 1 win teams). It’s so weird to be 4-8 with our easiest schedule in years and there’s so much chest bumping on how good we are. We are 0-4 against .500 or better teams losing by 14 a game. We finally beat someone out of our division and it was a team that legitimately might be the worst team in the NFL right now.

We have some pieces to build on but we haven’t beaten anyone yet. The best team on our remaining schedule is Seattle at 6-5 and they just lost to Tampa and LV, so we’ll win some more games, but we’ve got a lot more to do. We’ve got one thing going for us, the worst division in football, but that only helps to make the playoffs not win playoff games.

Good points. Don’t get me wrong - with the exception of the Bengals’ beat down, this team has really turned it around especially defensively. I wouldn’t be too upset if Wilks takes over permanently but the offensive focus needs to be scoring points and not just field position and ball control. 

7 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

I don't know, he said he loved Wilks twice in the interview and said it wasn't his call to make. Then he played coy.

I think y'all are trying to read much more into it than what he said.

This, Burns handled this inquiry as well as you could, while being in favor of Wilks. It seemed pretty clear. 

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, NAS said:

When asked if Wilks should be the permanent coach he didn’t exactly give a ringing endorsement.  I was surprised he didn’t say anything positive except that he would “ roll with it”. 

The Huddle and the reporters think they know better than Burns. 

We'll probably end up right about where Vegas predicted us.  The Giants and Atlanta are better than what people expected, the Bucs, Rams and Denver are worse. 

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, stbugs said:

You are right on with Atlanta and Denver, heck Tampa was awful when we played them (two straight losses to 1 win teams). It’s so weird to be 4-8 with our easiest schedule in years and there’s so much chest bumping on how good we are. We are 0-4 against .500 or better teams losing by 14 a game. We finally beat someone out of our division and it was a team that legitimately might be the worst team in the NFL right now.

We have some pieces to build on but we haven’t beaten anyone yet. The best team on our remaining schedule is Seattle at 6-5 and they just lost to Tampa and LV, so we’ll win some more games, but we’ve got a lot more to do. We’ve got one thing going for us, the worst division in football, but that only helps to make the playoffs not win playoff games.

It's between Houston and Denver in the Sewage Bowl being held in SewerDome in NO. Fug the Taints. 

• Beer 1

This coaching hire should be top priority and guys who may want the job who have a .690 NFL win percentage may want to talk to the Panthers about the HC job. He was a Panther himself and a longtime Bears QB also. Before hiring Matt Rhule Vegas had Harbaugh as odds favorite. There's a reason for that. It was our best move.....and we brought in the clown.

Talk to Harbaugh.

Excited Michigan Football GIF by Michigan Athletics

• Pie 1