• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HOT TAKE Jaycee Horn isin't a shutdown corner

DMathematics

Shut down corners are unicorns, nearly myths. There may be one or two in the league at any given time.

There are a handful of excellent corners who can work in zone or man, quietly sealing off a portion of the field and erasing a part of the opposing team's game plan. Chris Gamble, back in the day, was the silent assassin doing that work and getting little praise for it. Jaycee ain't far from that and he's still learning.

I'm not worried about Jaycee in the least. I'm actually enjoying how he is developing AND showing out at the same time. Good young man, good player. Glad we've got him.

18 hours ago, DMathematics said:

In my honest opinion Jaycee isn't a shutdown corner and the Panthers actually HIDE him when it comes guarding the best players on the other team CONSISTENTLY he never does it! It's like the team saw all the PFF praise he was getting and made sure to show the NFL hey look we got something right!! Guy just doesn't do it for me 

It should be obvious to everyone that you don't watch much football or you would not make such a profound and misguided statement, 

38 minutes ago, dave-o said:

I just spoke to Jaycee's mom on the phone and she said he is in fact a shut down corner...  Stafford's dad was busy....

Fun fact. 

here is a screen shot of me and Joe Horn talking on a zoom call today.  He too said Jaycee is a shutdown corner.  I don't know why he was wearing a helmet today.  He sillier than you would think. 

See the source image

• Pie 1