• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you all in on a Panthers Playoff Push?

Zod

2 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

image.thumb.png.a6f50a3503cdb667b95b81ac01d9e246.pngI don't like that the media all of a sudden are picking us to win. This team historically does bad when this happens. 

Two 5-8 teams, so someone's gotta lose. It's not unreasonable that most people think that the road team with QBs who can't stop throwing INTs is not going to win. 

This is a good game to see how Wilks prepares the team when we're not outright underdogs. I hope he passes the test.

2 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

image.thumb.png.a6f50a3503cdb667b95b81ac01d9e246.pngI don't like that the media all of a sudden are picking us to win. This team historically does bad when this happens. 

This has all the makings of a low scoring affair, especially if Pickett doesn’t take the field for the Steelers.

Pittsburgh struggled vs the running game of Baltimore last week and it should be more of the same vs the running attack of the Panthers on Sunday.

Panthers are favored in the betting line by 2.5 points

I predict Panthers 17 Steelers 10

On 12/14/2022 at 10:57 AM, dave-o said:

A guy I work with seems to think if we win the Division there is a chance we could host The Cowgirls in the first round....  

yeah that's pretty much a given. i don't think there's any chance that cowboys won't finish out the 5th seed and there's no way that the NFCS winner isn't going to be the 4th seed. 

whichever team wins the NFCS, the prize is getting the cowboys to walk into their stadium.

• Beer 1

I hate to sound like a negative Nelly but I’ve seen this story before. What’s the panthers all time record against Shittsburg? Not good.

Not to mention that last two games against them have been horrible. Philly Brown fumbling a KO in the EZ late that squashed a come back on SNF in Charlotte with 60k Steeler fans in attendance. And then the game that basically ended Cam’s career TJ Twatt taking a cheap shot at Cam’s shoulder…

Everyone picking the Panthers and Panthers should win this game. Honestly gotta have this game. Which makes me think the Panthers magic strikes again and we lose and TB beats the Bengals. 

On 12/13/2022 at 8:20 AM, bLACKpANTHER said:

All we need to do is beat Tampa.. we can still afford to drop the Lions game as long at we beat Tampa.. and they look terrible right now..

LFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope we do not look past Pittsburgh. These guys would like nothing better to blow up our plans. 

5 hours ago, 4Corners said:

I hate to sound like a negative Nelly but I’ve seen this story before. What’s the panthers all time record against Shittsburg? Not good.

Not to mention that last two games against them have been horrible. Philly Brown fumbling a KO in the EZ late that squashed a come back on SNF in Charlotte with 60k Steeler fans in attendance. And then the game that basically ended Cam’s career TJ Twatt taking a cheap shot at Cam’s shoulder…

Everyone picking the Panthers and Panthers should win this game. Honestly gotta have this game. Which makes me think the Panthers magic strikes again and we lose and TB beats the Bengals. 

This Pittsburgh game has me concerned as well, too much looking ahead.

Shenault needs to play, shoulder or not   Higgins would come in for Shenault 

Bad enough DJ is a game time decision 

my concern is without DJ, there is not one receiver that Steeler defense will take seriously….not one …they will load up to stop the run and dare Darnold to pass to Marshall and Higgins 

It’s not like the TEs can catch either 

the game is going to come down to the workarounds from McAdoo adjusting for losing those two guys and I just don’t think he is capable 

just hoping for the best now 

I'd prefer the league change the rules to read that a minimum .500 season is required to make the playoffs. But, with a 17-game season, let's make it a 9-8 record.

The idea a 7-10 team can win a division and host a 13-4 wildcard team is simply ludicrous.... and embarrassing.

If a situation arises that a team or teams would be below .500, regardless of their standing, they should be seeded and required to play on the road against the teams with a better record.

Edited by Anybodyhome