• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is it OVER for Wilks????

polls  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Wilks so far

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
  2. 2. Do you want Wilks in 2023?

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Wilks is never gonna outscheme anyone

his mentality is were going to be the more physical and aggressive team and impose our will on you

The complete opposite happened today

absolutely killed in the trenches and manhandled at the line of scrimmage against a team with nothing to play for, in the most important December game in 5 years, at home

sorry Steve i was rooting for you but that’s unforgivable

Matt Canada's not really anything special as an OC either.

4 hours ago, KatsAzz said:

I would like to feel that way but common logic forces me to realize that the Panthers are currently not a playoff caliber team.

I really wanted them to make the playoffs, but now it is becoming apparent it would be in their best interest to fogus on the 2023 draft and forget a playoff berth that seems to have passed.

Never said we were a playoff caliber team. The fear of getting this team into the playoffs, if it happens would be nothing short of amazing!

• Beer 1

If he wins the division I think he deserves a shot. I mean look at the mess Rhule left him, they trade CMC, and he’s got McAdoo calling plays. If he can win the NFCS give him a shot. 

However, I like conservative coaches. I’m an old school run heavy, strong D type guy, but Wilks is waaaayyyyy too conservative. He makes John Fox look like Jim Harbaugh. I just don’t think it will work out for him.

I also have concerns about Al Holcombe being DC and who Wilks would bring in to be the OC. If you look at his Staff in AZ and Cleveland it wasn’t exactly a bunch of Winners.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Don't know if it's over, but I would say the Wilks train took a pretty big hit today 

Yeah, I am sure Tepper has a few spurs in his ass over this lose.  The one time where we could have beat them and we got manhandled offensively and defensively.

I think at this point a deep run in the playoffs is his only hope and with a 5-9 record that seems highly unlikely. 

5 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Yeah, I am sure Tepper has a few spurs in his ass over this lose.  The one time where we could have beat them and we got manhandled offensively and defensively.

I think at this point a deep run in the playoffs is his only hope and with a 5-9 record that seems highly unlikely. 

The bad part is that the Panthers didn't just get beat, they got destroyed at home by a team that shouldn't have been any better than them. A total let down from top to bottom.

7 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

If he wins the division I think he deserves a shot. I mean look at the mess Rhule left him, they trade CMC, and he’s got McAdoo calling plays. If he can win the NFCS give him a shot. 

However, I like conservative coaches. I’m an old school run heavy, strong D type guy, but Wilks is waaaayyyyy too conservative. He makes John Fox look like Jim Harbaugh. I just don’t think it will work out for him.

I also have concerns about Al Holcombe being DC and who Wilks would bring in to be the OC. If you look at his Staff in AZ and Cleveland it wasn’t exactly a bunch of Winners.

If we had a winning record, even 9-8, then sure. If we back into the division at 7-10, there’s no way that needs to be treated as any sort of success. It’s a result of us sucking just a little less than the rest of our crap division. 

Let’s move on. 

• Pie 2

45 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

If we had a winning record, even 9-8, then sure. If we back into the division at 7-10, there’s no way that needs to be treated as any sort of success. It’s a result of us sucking just a little less than the rest of our crap division. 

Let’s move on. 

If we finish 7-10 that means Wilks basically went 6-5 with the disaster QB room we have (i dont count the first game against the Rams against him because he became the coach the Monday before the game)

22 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

If we finish 7-10 that means Wilks basically went 6-5 with the disaster QB room we have (i dont count the first game against the Rams against him because he became the coach the Monday before the game)

That does not excite me about the possibility of Wilks going forward. The Bengals and Steelers games were disasters, even if you want to be generous. That’s even assuming we win 2 of our last 3, which I doubt happens at this point. 

I guess I just don’t get the optimism around him. Even before yesterday I wasn’t on board. The NFL is moving away from guys like Wilks, not towards them. You really wouldn’t want us to explore other possibilities? Preferably offensive ones that we can grow a new QB with? 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

No.  It doesn't work like that 

I realize the NFL is not fair but to give Rhule 7 years to prove himself and not give Wilkes a fair chance is wrong .  the players are playing better in  all  positions with the same team as Rhule .  Lets see what he can do with players from his draft .