• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The “Maybe Not So Obvious” Elephant in the Room

WarHeel

Meh, win and Panther fans would go. We are at 5 win at the end of the season so Wilks can ask but it's just not good enough.

There will always be opposing fans but one of those franchise are on the cusp of their first losing season in a long time and the other is in it's 4th 5 win season. This is on ownership and not the fans.

• Pie 1

If tickets in the upper deck were only $100 each, I would have bought 5 for the game yesterday. That would be a lot for the product they have been putting on the field, but they were over $200 each for upper deck tix. SO glad I didn't after watching that disgrace of a performance yesterday. 

2 hours ago, Panthera onca said:

I go to every home game and never sell my tickets but sucking ass for the last 5 years has drained any and all excitement from the fan base. Winning is necessary to draw everyone back.

Same and same.  I hate the fact that so many fans sell their tickets, which inevitably end up going to opposing fans.  But it is a valid point about sucking for 5 years straight.  My financial situation is better than some fans who really have to make harder decisions and I can't fault them, especially given how bad we have been.  Why not make the money to finance your tickets in the future when the team might be good again?

Even yesterday, the stadium was at least half Steelers fans, possibly much more (it's depressing to even speculate).  Us Panthers fans did everything we could, but there really wasn't that much to cheer for.  We got dominated in the trenches.  It sucks every way possible, but only winning is going to change this.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, WarHeel said:

This fan base has a knack for throwing just about everyone under the bus at times due to poor performance in game or failure to live up to expectations, from the owner and HC all the way down to the assistant coaching staff to the players. 

While I concur that this franchise seems to bathe in mediocrity,  I have to call the BS as I see it.

I received a text yesterday from a friend of mine who is a Steelers fan who said that the Bank looked like a Pittsburg home game. 

Wilks asked one thing of this fan base heading into our game against Pitt. SHOW UP…

Unfortunately I’m out of market these days as my duty station has me 10 hours from Charlotte so it’s nearly impossible for me to attend games unless I’m visiting family for the holidays.

Which leads me to my thesis. If you are within driving distance from CLT, let alone have season tickets, and are opting to sell them to out of market fans while you sit your fat, mouth breathing ass on your couch, I really don’t want to hear the bitching about the team losing at home. 

If you have the means: Show up. Show out. Support your team. 

The Bank should always be painted Black and Blue. 

Carry on, and Keep Pounding.

Bro those tickets were not bought last Monday

2 hours ago, WarHeel said:

This fan base has a knack for throwing just about everyone under the bus at times due to poor performance in game or failure to live up to expectations, from the owner and HC all the way down to the assistant coaching staff to the players. 

While I concur that this franchise seems to bathe in mediocrity,  I have to call the BS as I see it.

I received a text yesterday from a friend of mine who is a Steelers fan who said that the Bank looked like a Pittsburg home game. 

Wilks asked one thing of this fan base heading into our game against Pitt. SHOW UP…

Unfortunately I’m out of market these days as my duty station has me 10 hours from Charlotte so it’s nearly impossible for me to attend games unless I’m visiting family for the holidays.

Which leads me to my thesis. If you are within driving distance from CLT, let alone have season tickets, and are opting to sell them to out of market fans while you sit your fat, mouth breathing ass on your couch, I really don’t want to hear the bitching about the team losing at home. 

If you have the means: Show up. Show out. Support your team. 

The Bank should always be painted Black and Blue. 

Carry on, and Keep Pounding.

I’ll show back up when they give me reason to show up.  

54 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Can you elaborate on the “horrible economy before the holidays” part? I’m having trouble connecting this to the amount of Steelers fans in attendance and the fact that panthers attendance has been horrible for decades 

From OP: "let alone have season tickets, and are opting to sell them to out of market fans while you sit your fat, mouth breathing ass on your couch, I really don’t want to hear the b*tching about the team losing at home."

There will be people including ticket holders that will sell tickets when the team has a losing record, especially during a time where money is scarce.

We start winning, the fans will show up.

This team has not been a winner for years. 

It puts a poo product on the field year after year and that should not be rewarded with a full stadium.

Fix the damn team and start winning or we'll keep seeing stadiums full of opposing jerseys.

• Pie 3

12 minutes ago, PantherBoy95 said:

From OP: "let alone have season tickets, and are opting to sell them to out of market fans while you sit your fat, mouth breathing ass on your couch, I really don’t want to hear the b*tching about the team losing at home."

There will be people including ticket holders that will sell tickets when the team has a losing record, especially during a time where money is scarce.

Money is scarce? My bank account real healthy fam 

• Pie 1