• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilkes respected around the league. Will be someone's head coach next year.

panthers55

Rhule: 39 games, 11 wins

Wilks: 10 games, 5 wins

Wilks also matched Rhule's best season in like 9 games lol.  It did not take much to find better than Rhule.  IF we bring Wilks full-time, he needs to have a clear vision for this offense.  Needs to get to that next level with how strong the OL appears to be.

• Pie 2

I feel like tepper will go with Wilks as the safe choice after he was very bold and very wrong with the hire of rhule. players want wilks it seems, the team seems to at least be playing 'better' although competition is questionable, and it will be way less expensive than pulling someone like payton, demeco ryans, etc. 

I like most are okay with Wilks on a 3 year deal or so with the requirement of a new OC and the expectation that Fitterer will get us a new qb to start the year

22 minutes ago, TF330 said:

I feel like tepper will go with Wilks as the safe choice after he was very bold and very wrong with the hire of rhule. players want wilks it seems, the team seems to at least be playing 'better' although competition is questionable, and it will be way less expensive than pulling someone like payton, demeco ryans, etc. 

I like most are okay with Wilks on a 3 year deal or so with the requirement of a new OC and the expectation that Fitterer will get us a new qb to start the year

Wilks would more than likely want to pick his next QB.  He wanted to trade up for Allen in Arizona.  I could see him wanting another big armed raw talent like AR or Levis this year.

1 hour ago, TF330 said:

The head start is a huge advantage for him. Hire an outside coach and at least one year is going to be spent getting acclimated and rebuilding if not two. 

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

Rhule: 39 games, 11 wins

Wilks: 10 games, 5 wins

Wilks also matched Rhule's best season in like 9 games lol.  It did not take much to find better than Rhule.  IF we bring Wilks full-time, he needs to have a clear vision for this offense.  Needs to get to that next level with how strong the OL appears to be.

Or maybe it's the reverse - he needs a clear vision for the defence. We need to move away from that Rivera Cover 3 nonsense:

https://twitter.com/MattHarmon_BYB/status/1607593279604019200?s=20&t=ncL1EFmvt6WDE2DmAiAnJA

Edited by OldhamA
  • Beer 1

Question… if we want to make Wilks our next head coach and remove the interim tag, would we need to interview anyone else? 

Granted it was an article ranking the current vacancies on BleacherReport, but it said we need to interview two minority coaches for the position before we promote Wilks. Is that true?

I could understand it if we had a white interim coach, but in our case we would be promoting a minority coach. Either way it would be a token interview, something Brian Flores and among others have been complaining about in the past year.

11 hours ago, Mike2.0 said:

Question… if we want to make Wilks our next head coach and remove the interim tag, would we need to interview anyone else? 

Granted it was an article ranking the current vacancies on BleacherReport, but it said we need to interview two minority coaches for the position before we promote Wilks. Is that true?

I could understand it if we had a white interim coach, but in our case we would be promoting a minority coach. Either way it would be a token interview, something Brian Flores and among others have been complaining about in the past year.

You are right. We have to interview 2 minority candidates other than Wilkes. Makes no sense but that is the new Rooney rule.