• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Tepper is keen on Will Levis

Chris Smitty

Look, we all need to pray that Tepper makes the right hire, and that the new coach in collaboration with Fitterer knows what the hell they're doing.

That being said, If Fitterer and the new coach like Levis, then depending upon how the draft goes, maybe we'll take a swing. Tepper's modus operandi, thus far, doesn't include a gun to his hirelings' heads or arm twisting.

3 hours ago, bigdog10 said:

Reading all these negative takes on Levis reminds me so much of all the negativity surrounding Cam predraft as well as Herbert more recently on the Huddle.  

I have no clue if Levis will be even a serviceable QB but knowing the huddle is remarkably against him, makes me have a little comfort if he is in fact the pick. 

Cam won the Heisman and Herbert put up great numbers. Their college production wasn't the question mark. Levis just looked bad this year. He's closer to Sam Howell having a bad last year at UNC question mark status

You can go back and forth all you want about QBs and pretend to know whether he will be good or not.  QBs are creatures of their environment, and until the environment is set, you just don't know.  Levis had a bad OL at KY and his skill players were not good, but we are going to compare him to QBs from Ohio State and Alabama.  Its a crap shoot.

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not gonna lie, I'd probably rather stick with Darnold than spend a top 10 pick on Levis. Hell, they're practically the same age.

Sam Darnold is probably a good comp for Will Levis as well.

I think as fans we miss on some prospects because we don't get to meet them in person.  There are some things you really need to experience about a guy face to face to appreciate...both good and bad.  But I think teams miss on some prospects BECAUSE they met the guy in person.  In the case of Will Levis that is probably going to be the case.  The film should speak for itself, but when he walks into the room he's going to "look the part" of an NFL starting QB that can be the face of the franchise.  That is going to convince some team that they see something on film that isn't there, and that they can "fix him" with good coaching.  The GM for the Bears overrafted Mitch Seabiscuit after meeting him in person, and seeing what kind of car he drove.  That's how weird things can get sometimes.  

The offseason underwear olympics will be very kind to Mr. Levis.

Will-Levis.jpg

KT_Will-Levis-7.20.22.jpg

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

20 hours ago, Kentucky Panther said:

As long as we draft a QB I’ll be happy. I know everyone has their favorites, but I would hope/think most of as at this point would get behind the new kid and see what he has. It’s been a long time since we drafted QB in round one, and this revolving door of veterans at the position is tiring and ineffective. 

This. I'd prefer Richardson over Levis but ultimately I just want the coaching staff committed to developing whoever they choose. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Levis looked solid last year all things considered. Fans were wanting him to take the next step, but he was limited with a bad roster, OC, and early injuries. If he interviews well and comes off as a film room junky, I’m ok with him he pick. If we draft him or AR, we betting sign a top tier OC to develop them.

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

You can go back and forth all you want about QBs and pretend to know whether he will be good or not.  QBs are creatures of their environment, and until the environment is set, you just don't know.  Levis had a bad OL at KY and his skill players were not good, but we are going to compare him to QBs from Ohio State and Alabama.  It’s a crap shoot.

Terrible OL, terrible OC, and injuries limiting his play. If your injuries prevent you from running, you have no time to throw because your OL is terrible, and your “weapons” are covered what exactly is he suppose to do? He forced some throws but they usually got picked. The problem is sometimes that can create bad habits, which is why we need a good OC/staff.

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

… which is why we need a good OC/staff.

And at this point, we know nothing about the future OC/staff of the Panthers.  I’m of the opinion that OC (scheme) and staff (development) are 50% of the success or failure of any QB that we may draft, in any round.  

• Pie 3