• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Tepper is keen on Will Levis

Chris Smitty

1 hour ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

Wasn't he locked on Fields too and we passed.  Let Fit do his job and if Levis is the guy so be it.

The Fields pass for Horn can certainly be questioned (many of us here wanted Fields) but when Horn is playing he appears to be a top level CB.

There is no guarantee Levis will be around when we pick.  If he interviews well and his workouts are as expected he could still go top 3 no question, if not #1

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

20 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

"Polarizing" in what regard?

As in, total hit or miss?

Levis is a guy who seems to have all the tools, yet doesn't seem to use any of them when actually he plays the game.  Just a huge red flag.  One of the most frustrating prospects I've seen in some time.  

• Pie 3

35 minutes ago, Shocker said:

The Fields pass for Horn can certainly be questioned (many of us here wanted Fields) but when Horn is playing he appears to be a top level CB.

There is no guarantee Levis will be around when we pick.  If he interviews well and his workouts are as expected he could still go top 3 no question, if not #1

This.  Levis may be perceived by casuals as down but teams still have an eye on his ability (even if he doesn't use it effectively yet).  Kentucky's line was also AWFUL so there's some excuses to throw out there.  He will likely only rise from here on out during shorts season.  He'll get to show off his arm, release, whole shtick.      

37 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

"Polarizing" in what regard?

As in, total hit or miss?

“He’s polarizing,” said McShay. “I talked to one GM who said he sees so much of Josh Allen in him. Five days later, I talked to another GM, and he said ‘I’m just worried he’s going to be the next Carson Wentz.'”

According to McShay, a main reason for worry and the reason for the Wentz comparison is his lack of awareness in the pocket: “The knock is he doesn’t have great pocket presence. So it’s great that he has mobility, but is he seeing the whole field or are his eyes dropping? You see a lot of that on tape.”

Another concern, that also doubles as a positive, is the sheer physicality Levis plays with. He’s a top draft choice because he’s 6-foot-3, 220 pounds. Well, he puts that frame to work. Or, at least he did in 2021 before injuries and play-calling changes all but eliminated his quarterback runs. But in 2021, Levis made trucking defenders a regular routine. That cavalier attitude towards putting his body in jeopardy has NFL folks like McShay concerned, though.

“He plays the quarterback position like a linebacker. You love it as a coach, you love it as a teammate. But is he going to be able to stay healthy? I know he’s big and strong. But the bottom line is: He is built to last, even though he’s had durability issues, he’s gotta learn how to protect his body.”

https://www.on3.com/college/kentucky-wildcats/news/todd-mcshay-reveals-why-kentucky-qb-will-levis-is-polarizing-among-nfl-gms/

Someone tell this man to GTFO of the front office before we make another mistake. 

Build out the core of the roster and then worry about QB. If we get a serviceable OC, draft an elite tight end and 3rd receiver, Darnold will be much, much better than Levis.

Leave it alone TEPPER.

Mayer and Hyatt in rounds 1 and 2. I watch a lot of college football and the only dudes after Stroud and Young are depth pieces. I may even throw Sam Hartman a lifeline in the 6th round before I'd consider Levis.

Finish building the roster, if Sam can't cut it with these guys, then move along. Dudes playing his best ball in this formula and of course Tepper would want to go changing poo.

47 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

As long as we draft a QB I’ll be happy. I know everyone has their favorites, but I would hope/think most of as at this point would get behind the new kid and see what he has. It’s been a long time since we drafted QB in round one, and this revolving door of veterans at the position is tiring and ineffective. 

We currently pick 8 and first round qb's have some of the biggest bust rates of any position. Blindly taking a qb in round 1 is not the answer. We need to keep our options open. Quality qb falls to us take him. If not, trade back and take the Notre Dame TE or edge or wr. I still want to see what Corral can do with some real coaching and practice snaps. 

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, Kentucky Panther said:

As long as we draft a QB I’ll be happy. I know everyone has their favorites, but I would hope/think most of as at this point would get behind the new kid and see what he has. It’s been a long time since we drafted QB in round one, and this revolving door of veterans at the position is tiring and ineffective. 

Like 90% of us just want a young first round QB. We snag one and folks here will root for them. 

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, CashNewton22 said:

Every year before the draft we’ve heard Tepper likes X qb etc Ellis is a good reporter but I don’t take any report about liking players this far from the draft seriously.

I take the reports about Tepper liking players seriously.

From what we've seen though, I don't think that means anything.