• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jim Harbaugh has convo with David Tepper

Daeavorn

42 minutes ago, travisura said:

Y'all can trust what Will Kunkel says if y'all want to. Seems like every time I see one of his "breaking news" tweets about the Panthers, he's just spraying bullsh-t out into the ether and hoping to get engagement from fans who are desperate to hear good news.

I don't know his tweet history, but the one yesterday about Jim not wanting to compete against Mahomes and Herbert was proven to be BS pretty quickly.

1 minute ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I don't know his tweet history, but the one yesterday about Jim not wanting to compete against Mahomes and Herbert was proven to be BS pretty quickly.

and yet somehow he apparently got it right, based on Person, that Tepper did talk to Harbaugh about interviewing. So there's that.

Even if Harbaugh talked up the opportunity, I wouldn't put much faith in it; he's obviously trying to drive up interest in himself.

Harbaugh’s offensive ranks  aren’t that impressive 

His record is impressive however 

to me he is really a defensive, run first coach even though he was a Qb 

INMHO it will be as it is but in my view, if you are one of those beating the drum for a bright offensive mind, that isn’t Jim Harbaugh.  His brother yes, but not him 

13 minutes ago, rayzor said:

the plan all along was to look at and interview other coaches. i'm more surprised that this kind of thing hasn't been done earlier. it's not like we've got a full time HC here. He's an interim. The job isn't his after this year.

Not to mention, of the 2 million or so people out there that know Jim is a better coach than Wilks ... Wilks is one of them.

2 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

INMHO it will be as it is but in my view, if you are one of those beating the drum for a bright offensive mind, that isn’t Jim Harbaugh.  His brother yes, but not him 

If you can run, and play good defense...it's kinda stupid to throw it around the stadium all day.

He wins, and he's gotten to the big games...meaning, if he wants to, or needs to, his offense can sling it...if not, they will just beat you to death with their backs and call it a day.

With this O Line, and us not having a legit QB...I'd assume that's what he would be planning here as well.

• Beer 3

2 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Yeah, I don't think this is really about getting a hot shot offense with him. It's about restoring credibility for the franchise and getting some success.

It's hard to beat a guy that never had less than 10 wins in a season. 

Who knows if he can replicate that here but count me in for willing to find out.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I don't think this is really about getting a hot shot offense with him. It's about restoring credibility for the franchise and getting some success.

It's hard to beat a guy that never had less than 10 wins in a season. 

Who knows if he can replicate that here but count me in for willing to find out.

Some guys just have it. Guys like Mike Tomlin. I thought for sure this season would be Tomlin's first losing season, but he's got a legit shot at going 9-8.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, trueblade said:

Some guys just have it. Guys like Mike Tomlin. I thought for sure this season would be Tomlin's first losing season, but he's got a legit shot at going 9-8.

Yeah, Tomlin does have the advantage of being on the most stable franchise in NFL history but he has clearly proved to be one of the best coaches in the NFL.

• Pie 5