• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

15 minutes ago, RJK said:

188 pages of mostly talking in circles. Even the HC candidate thread is just “debating” for lack of a better term. Let’s try to keep these threads informative and not mental masturbation hubs 👍🏻

Thats the problem, you can't be informative with any of this as no one knows...that includes anyone on social media:

Report: Broncos interview with Sean Payton delayed because of a visit with the Arizona Cardinals (msn.com)

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

He had no TE help. Tremble, Thomas are better than the TE they brought up from their practice squad.

We have better receivers and tight ends and a better o line. This offense has more weapons than young Daniel has ever had.

He had coaching changes, Gettleman f' ups. NO he didn't have better in NY. He'd be a better player with this squad and he really stepped up his game.

I said at the end of the year. He had three WRs really step up. If they can blossom next year, they're in a good spot. But anyone that wants Jones here will get the same result we had with Sam.

4 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Just curious...did the Payton interview take place in NYC?  If so, any guesses on why that location?

I'm assuming it's probably easier/more flight options for Payton to fly from LA into NYC than to CLT and it's a short trip for Tepper and co anyway. They could potentially have conducted the interview at the league offices which are located on 345 Park Ave in NYC.

1 minute ago, UnluckyforSome said:

I thought the story circulating around Payton from the start was he wasn't interested in Carolina since it did not meet his list of wants with the qb situation. Nothing has changed with our qb situation except Baker is gone.

Nobody actually knows. Most are just throwing darts at a blank wall

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

It's funny that fans have convinced themselves that Steichen is the target. There is literally nothing substantial in terms of reporting that seems to back this claim up. All wild speculation.

We are just as likely to hire Frank Reich as we are Stiechen at this point.

Not SpeculationScreenshot_20230123_165040_Twitter.thumb.jpg.775fcfbced5e8f69135025fce6ebb90e.jpg

5 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I said at the end of the year. He had three WRs really step up. If they can blossom next year, they're in a good spot. But anyone that wants Jones here will get the same result we had with Sam.

He's waaaaay better than Sam. By far.

Regarding the second version of this thread, I don't mind discussion around tweets/the search, but maybe save the draft status of future QBs for a different thread.

Very curious to see which of those virtuals become in person, how many 2nd interviews we have, etc...