• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So which QB do we think will be available at #9?

NAS

I think Trey Lance could be on the market if Purdy keeps playing the way he has, and even more so if they make a deep run in the playoffs.  Furthermore, I don't think Lance would command a huge price.  He's played 3 football games in 3 years and had two significant injuries.

Draft Quentin Johnston at #9, have a QB room with Darnold and two young prospects in Corral and Lance.  Slim scenario but I'd take it.

5 minutes ago, Mage said:

I think Panthers go after CJ Stroud.

Quite possibly. There's a chance that Houston trades up with Chicago to ensure their division rival is denied their pick at quarterback. From there the Panthers would have to trade up for the second overall pick. Costly, but definitely possible depending on Chicago's needs after free agency.

The best QB from last year’s draft sure looks like Brock Purdy

He was taken dead last in the draft.. 

Cam certainly did us well from  #1

So you never know..

Just find the QB you like and take him when you can. If it’s at 9th do it regardless what the “guru” says

1 hour ago, pww42 said:

The best QB from last year’s draft sure looks like Brock Purdy

He was taken dead last in the draft.. 

Cam certainly did us well from  #1

So you never know..

Just find the QB you like and take him when you can. If it’s at 9th do it regardless what the “guru” says

The best QB from the previous draft was Mac Jones. That completely changed in year two. Let’s not be quick to anoint Purdy. 

14 hours ago, UNCrules2187 said:

My thinking today is that Young, Stroud, and Levis will all be gone within in the top 7 picks. The Texans and Colts will definitely take QBs and I think the Raiders could as well (although McD may prefer reuniting with Brady or Jimmy G as he may want a vet QB given he could be on the hot seat). Even if it's just Houston and Indy, I think there will be teams that trade up to get their guy - Carolina may be one of them.   

1. Chicago - I think prime candidate to trade back with Indy - Indy jumping Houston to get their preferred QB

2. Houston - Could see them taking any of Young/Stroud/Levis (NFL folks seem to really like Levis)

3. Arizona - potential trade back candidate

4. Indy - see Chicago

5. Seattle - think they'll hope that one of Carter or Anderson is still there

6. Detroit - think they'll stick with Goff, could see them being a prime trade back candidate if one of Young/Stroud/Levis sis till on the board

7. Oakland - see above

8. Atlanta - could go QB, could go BPA

1. Chicago - plays the phone but for arguments sake takes Anderson. 

2. Houston - Young 

3. Arizona- also trade down option like Chicago but in this scenario Carter

4. Indy - CJ 

5. Seattle - surprise pick first WR off Addison. 

6. Detroit - Levis 

7. Oakland - AR 

8. Atlanta - Murohy top DE 

or Chicago and Arizona both trade down and Young, Stround and Levis go one two three.  AR still doesn't make it to us cause Anderson, Carter, Murphy and whoever the top corner is go then Oakland takes AR. Atlanta goes DE or WR. We sitting there with no QB.  We will have options at DE, WR, DT, CB  and LB.  QB is likely off the table.  

Edited by mickeye76
Misspell