• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Coach Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ricky Spanish

I can’t think of anything that would deflate this fanbase faster than going through this hiring cycle with an emphasis on progression and revitalization and a commitment to joining the current NFL only to end up with Steve Wilks back as head coach to lead the panthers to ~.500 over the next three seasons 

i think I’d just be done. It wouldn’t even be a protest thing. I simply could not work up the enthusiasm to to watch this milquetoast    blandmobile chug ahead again with the same formula that has perpetually failed to yield them back to back winning seasons

I didn’t watch a down of panthers football between the ravens and final Saints game last season, it wasn’t intentional, I just had no desire to watch that ballclub. So the template is already there. Idk how many times this team try to do it the same way with the same insufficient results and still talk themselves into plodding ahead.

”but Wilks says he has a plan!”

Lol

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 7

29 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

i’m glad they are doing it like big boys this time. hiring at a top level of any org is about as big a move as you can make, so you’d better do your homework.

i have a feeling Wilks and Reich will be more like Foxball than not, but that’s just my speculation.

I do look at the production he got out of Wentz but how much of that was Pederson?

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

Do not agree at all with those saying if it’s down to Reich or Wilks to just keep Wilks. I would rather have FR a billion times over simply due to his specialty being the offensive side of the ball. He would be a lot better for our presumed rookie QB. 

yeah I cant believe I’ve talked myself into frank reich but here we are 

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

I can’t think of anything that would deflate this fanbase faster than going through this hiring cycle with an emphasis on progression and revitalization and a commitment to joining the current NFL only to end up with Steve Wilks back as head coach to lead the panthers to ~.500 over the next three seasons 

i think I’d just be done. It wouldn’t even be a protest thing. I simply could not work up the enthusiasm to to watch this milquetoast    blandmobile chug ahead again with the same formula that has perpetually failed to yield them back to back winning seasons

I'm in the same boat, I wouldn't even be able to work up the energy to be mad. It would just be a sign we aren't going to ever be in a position to consistently compete and it would be hard to work up my desire to watch it.